Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is your most prized possession?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s sad I know but…my kids will not let me sell it either, suits me

af05e4a6-f175-4b16-8583-b0fac405c766.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My prized possession has got to be my dear mother who I love to bits. I just wish there weren’t quite so many bits falling off her down in the cellar. NB.
How's it going, Norman?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
None of these possessions mentioned are worth a wank, last night about 1:30am I woke with stomach cramps, food poisoning? Too much beer over the weekend? an onion bahji lodged somewhere? I was in so much agony, the worst I’ve ever known and the prospect of an 8 hour wait for an ambulance didn’t make me feel better. I just laid there trying not to move. During that time however I literally thought an ulcer was gonna burst and I was gonna die,

I’d certainly have traded in everything I own at this point.

By 6a.m the pain had eased and I got some sleep. I woke about and I was still alive, I feel like shit now but the real pains gone.

Serious lifestyle changes start today. Look out for me at Chelsea I’ll be the one on the mineral water eating a salad.
I had similar symptoms in March, together with projectile vomiting.
Luckily my GP sent me for a blood test which showed I had serious bowel problems.
Ten days in Redhill hospital (thank you Copthorne Ward), one emergency op later (and the loss of one and a half stone), I was told by my surgeon that it was “nearly fatal”.
Stop pissing about and go see your GP at the first opportunity.

For the record they also found that I had cardiac problems, sorted by medication post bowel-op.

The icing on the cake was that I had a very minor stroke in mid feb too. So my answer to the original question is “my health” - and my family who I have put through a lot since February. Through no fault of my own.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Either the OO gauge Flying Scotsman which was the start of my railway model collection or my grandfather’s barometer

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My grandads old blow lamp and a WW2 German bayonet found in my dad's garden (air-raid shelter)

Attachments

• 20230926_213808.jpg
    20230926_213808.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
A watch that my nan left me. She was dying from bowel cancer in 1966 and got up in the night in geat pain to leave a note leaving it to me, her favourite grand child.

I haven't got alot of money , but if anyone offered me £500.000 for it, i'd tell em to do one
would you take a fiver ??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Andre Agassi's mullet wig, worn in the 1991 French Open final against Jim Courier (Agassi lost 3–6, 6–4, 2–6, 6–1, 6–4).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here