Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your "I was there" Albion occasion?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Really enjoyed the pitch invasion at Walsall couple of years ago,but my most memorable moment was at Highfield Road,'82 I think.Sat crammed in the middle of the Sky Blues stand,Andy Ritchie scores,jump up to celebrate,glad to get home in one piece!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
promotion at plymouth when it looked mathematically impossible we would go up that day (M.Adams first stint).

years of being shit, years of throwing radios at walls, years of ppl taking the piss.........and we got promoted - that released allot.........and i shagged a bird in Torquay on the way home.

it was grey, drizzly, only 1000 there, but it was internally, for me, pretty special.

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
Hove park having a trial with BHA........Jimmy Case hit a shot so hard I thought I had broke my wrist saving it.......still he did pat me on the shoulder and say good save son as I tried to hide my intense pain.......happy days :)

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Forest Away, I think 80/81? They were European Champions & unbeaten at home for something like 2 years, we were struggling; Gerry Ryan, 1-0, marvellous scenes.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Bristol Rovers 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion. 21 April 2009.

The night The Great Escape from L2 oblivion started in ernest.

Incredible Scenes. :O

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Dick Knight buying champagne for the entire ground @ Withdean when we thought we had Falmer won (Prescott decision) :cheers:

That was amazing - anyone remember what game it was?!

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Withdean can best be summed for me up by three horrendous own goals - Adam Hinshelwood's 30yd backpass vs Colchester, Colin Hawkins's diving header vs Hartlepool and Andrew Whing's header vs Walsall.

All firmly inprinted on my memory, along with the rain...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I was there when Jake Robinson scored a hattrick away to Udders.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Johnny Crumplin 30 yarder vs Cambridge into the North goal. Midweek game, Easter circa 1987-ish?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I don't think it's been mentioned yet but one that's up there for me is the march through Mellor after an away game at Wigan. I'd love to know how the rest of the village viewed Archer after that!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I recall Southwick dropping down the leagues around then, but don't think I ever knew the reason

I don't think I ever knew the reason either. Bit of a shame really - for a while Southwick were a great team to watch, and going places. We were all hoping to catch up with Worthing! I remember one season when we played Maidstone in the last qualifying round of the FA Cup - I think we drew at home, and drew there, then lost back at home after some dodgy behaviour by Maidstone's 'feeder' team (if there was such a thing then - I think they just had close connections) in the game in between.

Then they dropped back down to normal, then the stand burnt down. All rather sad.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
A few old chestnuts there,but anyone remember these Swindon away and losing 4-0 when game stopped because of the pitch/weather and Rochdale away waiting for Bellotti ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Away to Liverpool, midweek, league/milk cup, public transport on strike, 1987, battling with scousers with blades, battling coppers with truncheons, Ho hum..:...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here