Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your "I was there" Albion occasion?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Walsall at home first day of the season few years back, withdean, dire, lost 1-0, think they ended up with 9.....i was there!!!!

and look at us now

That was late September, I recall.

My old flatmate was in the away end texting me furiously.

In a way, I was quite pleased for Walsall. They played the perfect game and we were absolutely hopeless, deserved nothing. Pumping endless balls in to the area when they had accomplished giants at the back. Unreal that we then went on to beat Man City the following week.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Donny. A special day for so many reasons.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Probably the Swindon game. We deserved absolutely nothing out of those two games. The only moment that comes close to that euphoria when AV scored was probably WB's 2nd against Doncaster. I always felt we were going to win that game though for some reason, and the Virgo header came from basically nowhere.

I know what you mean although I think we played quite well in the first leg at Swindon with carpenter scoring the winner.
The return leg was dire we just sat back waiting for Swindon to score & even when they did to take te game to extra time nothing changed,so when Swindon scored again in extra time we all thought well that is that & then Adam Virgo arrived in the box in injury time in extra time to take the game to penalties and the rest is history.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
'63/4? - the Bobby Smith season
absolutely tonking Southend & Wisbech, in the space of a couple of weeks
Leatherhead in the cup & stuffings by eight goals v Northampton & Bristo
promotion to Division 1 :) then our first game v Arsenal :(
Wembley cup final (twice) v Man U
Hereford
staying up under salde & going up under Gus @ Walsall
Cardiff play off final (and Cardiff last season & this!)
the first 20 minutes against blackburn last week

got to be loads of others - the kids keep telling me how sad I am when I regale them with stories about Wally Gould & Kit Napier, Ward & Zamora........... :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
FA cup run.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
83. I was a kid but that first game was magical to me. WOW. Wembley.

That would have been my first ever Albion game but for my Auntie and Uncle setting that very same day as theyre wedding day so we were in Derbyshire instead. My dad has never forgiven them. Instead first game was the following season. I was there though last game at the goldstone and 91 wembley play off

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I was there for the last and first Doncaster games.
I was there for the Hartlepool game.
I was there for fans united at Gillingham. (One of only two games I went to up there)
I drove past Withdean on our first game back in Brighton on my lunch break.
I was there when the protests took over the juntion outside the Hove Park Tav.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Top of the table clash at White Hart Lane in 77/78
Anfield in the 5th round of the Cup Feb 83
Unfortunately I missed Highbury for the semi but went to every other tie in that cup run.

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Day I came of age as an Albion fan was age 14 v Portsmouth in 1992 when we played them at home in one of last games of the season. It was properly spicy and I think from memory if they'd beaten us we'd have gone down that night but we won a squeaker 2-1 which sparked a mass pitch invasion at the end. Then we lost the next game away to Ipswich (who were Champs that year) and went down anyway.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Swindon Semi = awesome

Cardiff Mill Stad = Amazing

First game at The Amex v Doncaster probably the most emtional game I have and will ever attend!

Many games at The Goldstone :bowdown: to many to mention but they were all very memorable.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Day I came of age as an Albion fan was age 14 v Portsmouth in 1992 when we played them at home in one of last games of the season. It was properly spicy and I think from memory if they'd beaten us we'd have gone down that night but we won a squeaker 2-1 which sparked a mass pitch invasion at the end. Then we lost the next game away to Ipswich (who were Champs that year) and went down anyway.

I went to ipswich we would have gone down even if we had won I think Raphael Meade scored for us.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Away v Liverpool in '83 on the way to Wembley
FA Cup Semi Final at Highbury
Hereford Away
Play off finals

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Top 3 Ipswich 1991 to get into the play offs,Liverpool FA cup 1991 and Leicester away in 1994 ,Bottom 3 (we lost but the games are extremely memorable) Away at Middlesbrough in 93 got stuffed 5-0, Home to Cardiff at the Goldstone lost 5-3 and finally the 5-0 at palace said I'd never go to that hole again and there I was in December. All v memorable games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here