Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is your favourite trainers you have worn.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't decide on 1 but these are my favourite pairs.. I have about 20 pairs of trainers, 10 or so of which are Adidas.

Hamburg Navy/White and Yellow/Blue
View attachment 62788

The Hamburg navy and white are really nice.

These ones ('night navy' and white, but with the white sole) are even nicer, IMO.

It's my birthday at the end of the month. Tempted. £70 though. Hmmm.

image.jpg

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Street: adidas-Munchen-Navy-White.jpg

Court: 25fu3uo.jpg

Being old: NikeVomero3.jpg

Have always thought New Balance were for people who pulled their laces too tight and/or had some sort of social integration issue.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It depends on the cut of the jean. New Balance look great, and a bit hipster, with a tapered/skinny jean IMHO. They will look crap with a straight cut unless you're very tall.

image.jpg
I meant this type of running shoe, most of the New Balance trainers I see being worn lately look very plain, I mean not 'in yer face' like the Asics pictured.
Anything that looks 'Hipster' and I'm out:nono:

I did find this image when I was looking for the Asics picture.

image.jpg

:)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This thread has got me in the mood, and cost me cash.

Two new members of the family on the way (from M+M Direct, for a proper bargain total of £36.50)

image.jpg

image.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think I am in a minority of one in today's world, in that I wear sportswear only for sports, and not in daily life. That applies to trainers too -- as far as I'm concerned they are for running in; I don't think I've ever worn a pair for any other purpose. (Similarly I've only ever worn football boots for playing football).
So I would choose trainers primarily for comfort, effectiveness, speed and support when running, and not particularly for what they look like: after much experimentation the brand I prefer, and which seems to fit my running style and reduce the risk of injury is Karhu. I originally had a bright green pair in the early 80s which served me for several hundred miles.

Worry not. You are not alone. I agree entirely. I actually don't like wearing trainers for things other than what they are meant for.. They always make my feet too hot.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I live in trainers. It's the only footwear I have. Used to go to sports direct and point at something with a tick on at £45, presumed they would be good. BUT my wife has moved me to Skechers and boy, I've never worn a more comfortable pair of shoes in my life.

in the sticks

Feb 16, 2014
I have Roo skin borg elite for very special wear. Puma G' Villas as the next best and day to day wear gazelle or trimm trab. Mrs reckons I'm obsessed, I consider it a collection.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here