Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is your favourite aircraft

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This, I was lucky enough to fly on one.

Honorable mention for the Bristol Blenheim, my uncle flew them during the last world war.

I too had a trip on Concorde - just amazing on take off but like being in a cigar tin, very cramped 2-2 configuration

One of the first planes I flew on as a kid, when my parents lived in Nigeria, was one of these with the short lived WAA, it was like climbing a hill walking up the aircraft! Love that plane and also what I assume is one of the pilots in the shorts.

3A5955B5-06EC-4880-B818-271A023EAFB8.jpeg

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I too had a trip on Concorde - just amazing on take off but like being in a cigar tin, very cramped 2-2 configuration

One of the first planes I flew on as a kid, when my parents lived in Nigeria, was one of these with the short lived WAA, it was like climbing a hill walking up the aircraft! Love that plane and also what I assume is one of the pilots in the shorts.

View attachment 117781

Ah yes a good old jack of all trades Douglas DC3, or Dakota as the military versions were called. Saw countless years service for many airlines and air forces around the world.

I think the oldest aircraft l have ever flown on was the Bristol Britannia, an ex BOAC machine that had been sold on to the charter outfit Monarch. The flight would have been in the early 1970's..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ah yes a good old jack of all trades Douglas DC3, or Dakota as the military versions were called. Saw countless years service for many airlines and air forces around the world.

I think the oldest aircraft l have ever flown on was the Bristol Britannia, an ex BOAC machine that had been sold on to the charter outfit Monarch. The flight would have been in the early 1970's..

And the heroes of the Berlin Airlift

I think the oldest I have flown on would be the DC3 or possibly a Bristol Freighter that you could take your car on!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
View attachment 117722
View attachment 117723

Has to be the Lockheed L1011 Tristar
Worked on these for 20 years in the RAF and flying as an engineer for the last 15 years..
Multi role aircraft......Passenger or freighter or pure freighter......AAR ( Air to Air Refuelling tanker) ..
Got me to many countries all over the world as far away as Fiji / New Zealand.

Unfortunately they were retired in 2014.

Oh I did like the wood effect cockpit

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Harrier for me. Many happy childhood memories of standing on Shoreham airfield in absolute awe of the power and the smell of Kerosene. As a child that was truly amazing when it bows in front of you then turns and puts the power down. Awesome.

Ex buccaneers and phantom maintainers refered to the Harrier as ‘Plastic Pigs’ or the Robin Reliant of the fix wing world. A bit harsh perhaps but never achieved the love of the buccs or phantoms.

I spent a year or so on them and they were a pain in the arse ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here