Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is the point of NSC?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
When [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] died recently it made me think about how many acquaintances I have made on NSC. Some I like, some I don't very much but I came to the conclusion that it is definitely a tangible community. We should look after it. Cheers [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mrs Jakarta has noticed how I am spending so much time on NSC and asked the inevitable question of why I am doing it?

Only answer I could give is that a certain demographic needs to moan about things to others of the same demographic, whether it is Football, Cricket, Beer or Lentils...

Can’t believe it’s got well on to page 2 before stating that without NSC you’d be forced into having an occasional conversation with Mrs J..........:D

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Mrs Jakarta has noticed how I am spending so much time on NSC and asked the inevitable question of why I am doing it?

Only answer I could give is that a certain demographic needs to moan about things to others of the same demographic, whether it is Football, Cricket, Beer or Lentils...

I know what you mean... Mrs C thinks "I'm chatting to tarts"

.....wait a minute, she may have a point.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been in / out, on/off NSC for over 20 years . . . and that was after the 80's ( my teens) , Gulls eye, the 90's , and all that . . . . its a small community, special needs, in many ways, and a very broad Church, however, we all have one daft thing in common.

passion for an enthusiasm or hobby is indefinable but we share one common affliction, and that is BHA FC.

unforgivingly, undeniably, and forever.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Oh no it doesn't!!!!
(Unless boxer shorts also count as underpants, in which case.... :wave: )

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I've been in / out, on/off NSC for over 20 years . . . and that was after the 80's ( my teens) , Gulls eye, the 90's , and all that . . . . its a small community, special needs, in many ways, and a very broad Church, however, we all have one daft thing in common.

passion for an enthusiasm or hobby is indefinable but we share one common affliction, and that is BHA FC.

unforgivingly, undeniably, and forever.

Quite right, Zef.

Fancy having a REMF '20 years on' meet-up / kick about / game next year?

Haven't kicked a ball for over 10 years, but I think I've got one more game left in me...:thumbsup:

It's probably a really bad idea health-wise, but if I'm going to go, it may as well be with my boots on. And an Albion shirt. :ascarf:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It really is, isn't it?

Funnily enough, before all this current shit started unfolding I was pondering how to do some more actual face-to-face type events.

Apple/Android ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The point is that it helps pedants to be pedantic, such as "it's not the FONT of all knowledge but the FOUNT of all knowledge" Font is either a size or style of print or something to put holy water in for a child's naming ceremony. Fount is a contraction of fountain, from which things spring.

Indeed, but I pedant you back that the expression is more commonly 'font of all knowledge'. Fount is the lesser used variant of font.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
There is no where else on the internet that can simultaneously tell me what the world's hardest creature is, how to get out of paying a parking ticket and what's new on Netflix. Oh, and something about some football club or other.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Somewhere to share your troubles.
Somewhere to spread good news.
One of the best news sources there is.
Advice from photography to plumbing to gardening and beyond.
Best pubs and restaurants.
Best places to visit on holiday.
Good place to get sponsorship.
Good for humour.
Film and telly recomendations.
Best music.
Sometimes, a bit about the Albion!
The list is endless. This is my favourite web-site by far.

Yes but moaning about things has to be up there? :wink:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Indeed, but I pedant you back that the expression is more commonly 'font of all knowledge'. Fount is the lesser used variant of font.

Doesn’t make it right though! Fount is correct, font is a mondegreen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It is a place for you to come and be called a **** for suggesting the NHS be funded better.

You weren't called a **** for suggesting the NHS be better funded. You were called a **** because you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here