Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] What is the most stupid thing the Public have done

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Believing we are the 51st state of the USA by celebrating Halloween, making school proms a thing whereby every child has to arrive in a stretch limo, and continually using American spellings.
While I don't bother with halloween, the Americans nicked the idea from the Celts. So those that celebrate it aren't neccessarily following the States.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Exactly what I was going to say. I'll add in pickup trucks on this side of the Atlantic too. The dumbest vehicles.
Try watching, say, a NFL game on a US channel (not Sky). Then you’d understand that there is a genuine need for these vehicles. Every American male actually has a cowboy hat permanently grown into their head from birth, and spends their weekends driving up a perilous mountain path and through a raging river while wearing flannel shirts in order to wrestle wild elk, chop trees with their bare hands and crack open a Coors Light while also saluting the flag and our military heroes. So they really do need these kind of cars. Honest.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
"We know better than you, you don't know anything because you are old" being spouted by some spotty 16 year old, squeezing zits whilst waiting for his balls to drop and grow hairs on them, over some social media platform with hundreds of thousands of likes.
Albion Media Team: "That's very good Jack, but couldn't you just say something like 'I learn from Milner every day'"

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
On a similar line, owning a Range Rover when you live and drive in a city. There's a reason they're called cuntmobills in the WS household.
I can remember Alexei Sayle many years ago on a mock yummy mummy voice:
”oh I do think four wheel drive is so important when driving down to Sainsbury’s”

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Going on walks in some of our beautiful countryside then choosing to festoon the hedgerows and trees with neatly tied plastic bags of dog shit. Thanks for that.

(Although I appreciate that is the preserve of certain members of the dog-owning community, rather than the population at large).

Ah, but how do you know it’s dog shit?

Somethingdean

May 18, 2019
Getting massive dogs with bear trap jaws and flat faces they can't control and pleading ignorance when said dogs subsequently take chunks out of some labradoodle down the park.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
believing it is balance to have an expert on tv with someone who is rent a gob opinion.

THIS
arrow_up.png

So when only a complete moron would argue against something so obvious, they put a complete moron on to provide 'balance' :facepalm:

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
At one point in the history of mankind a simple but genius TV advert in the 70s convinced the civilised world that wiping ones arse with Izal toilet paper could kill bacteria and germs living on the shit that said bog roll failed to wipe away,mainly due to it being made of glass.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Being interviewed on TV in the town/village/estate they live saying something along the lines of ‘this sort of thing doesn’t happen here..’ in relation to a question about exactly that sort of thing that has just happened there. 🙄

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Supporting Palace.
"Supporting" any of the Rich 6 without ever being near their stadium

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
those dismissing tabloids as being bias and manipulative, then use twitter to guide opinions of news and events.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here