Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] What is the most impressive thing you have seen AI do?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
After playing a lot with the AI image generation in Copilot. I have spent today playing with AI song generation. The lyrics are poor as I used Copilot rather than writing my own but this is the result of asking Copilot for a song about NSC in the style of 1920s jazz with a solo singer and then asking Suno to generate the performance from just those lyrics. Obviously the style is wrong, it cuts off early and the aforementioned lyrics are poor but the way it creates this in 5 minutes blows my mind. Also playing with software that lets you download voice models and make it change the vocals on a tune and whilst it only works well with parody voices like Cartman, it is good with similar genre voices.

Any other mind blowing/scary uses of AI out there?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Probably my current day job - built from ground up with technology based on Machine Learning and AI about 8 years ago. Disrupted a failing legacy market , multi-Billion $ turnover and still growing at a rapid pace. Some of the stuff I’ve seen or heard stories of all kinds of companies using it blows my mind

Johnny Robinson

Sep 16, 2023
This question makes me think immediately of a concert I went to on Friday. The artist, Calogero, introduced his song ’1987’, by speaking to his former self from 1987 on the screen. This 15 year old version of himself admittedly didn’t reply in voice but he moved and reacted with thumbs up, smiles, nodding or shaking his head.
I went to this concert not even knowing any songs by this artist - it was my wife who got the tickets. When this young guy came up on the screen I had to ask her who it was. I thought at first it was someone on a video call - it was that real.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? In a short time, we’ll probably have holographic images of deceased artists ’brought back to life.’ Maybe we’ll be able to have simulated football matches between teams of different eras.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
I work in providing Contact Centre and Customer Service solutions and one of the solutions we partner with has some mental features. Basically, it analyses all phone calls, chats, e-mails etc into the centre and understands the intent and categorises them (forgot password, change of address etc). It also understands all of the steps taken to resolve the issue and provides the people running the centre with a report type of thing on how they could automate it, what % of contacts this would reduce going through to the agents etc.

It can also do the automation for you providing all the required integrations to back end systems etc are in place.

The aim is not to reduce headcount as most people would think but to free the people in the call centre up to handle the more complex cases and deliver a better service.

Other cool stuff I have seen is AI listening to the call in real-time and making suggestions (offer discount, build more rapport etc) for the agent. Providing a typed summary at the end of the call (would be a huge time saver in some places!).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
ChatGPT cannot write an essay that would get a pass mark from me on a final year BSc science course I run.

And yet when I showed the essay to some colleagues they thought it was good.

I find that interesting.

Exilegull

Mar 14, 2024
In the gaming industry were seeing crazy things that make me wonder and worry what the even bigger fishes are doing. The bad guys in gaming are going to be more intelligent than the player in 2-3 years. A brand new problem were facing is how to avoid the player from getting uncomfortable playing because of interactions with our AI systems. The gaming industry is used to innovate not limitate. But were now at the point if we make our game learn from the player the game ends up impossible in no time

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The aim is not to reduce headcount as most people would think but to free the people in the call centre up to handle the more complex cases and deliver a better service

Do you really believe this won't result in job losses?

Why would a company employ the same number of agents when AI can cover the majority of the work?

Last edited:

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
Do you relieve believe this won't result in job losses?

Why would a company employ the same number of agents when AI can cover the majority of the work?
I never said whether I believed it or not, simply that the aim of it by its creators, is to not reduce headcount.

They wouldn't necessarily remain agents but could be re-deployed elsewhere in a business.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I've seen some amazing buildings designed by AI, whether they could actually be built or people would have the money to build them is another thing.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I never said whether I believed it or not, simply that the aim of it by its creators, is to not reduce headcount.

They wouldn't necessarily remain agents but could be re-deployed elsewhere in a business.

The creators intention doesn't count for much though. You know companies will have other ideas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here