Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is the most bizarre/memorable Albion game(s) you have attended ?

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Most bizarre for me was going up to Hillsborough to watch the play off semi v Wednesday, when a sniper shot 4 of our players either side of HT. Finished off with an array of mobile phone torches.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
That Stoke game under McGhee when we were already relegated. Sarcastically going mental every time Stoke scored :laugh: then their fans cheering our goal when we pulled one back like they'd just won the Champions League

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
From the Amex era, it has to be beating Charlton 3,2 after going 2 nil down. We were in a run of 19 games undefeated against a struggling Charlton team. looking to go top in the Championship when at half time we were 2 down, and honestly we could have been 5 down.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
I don't remember who we were playing but I remember a Tuesday night game at Withdean that I drove down from Bristol for.

It absolutely pissed it down all game so much so that I was wet through to my pants, I may as well have just jumped into the sea.
Got back to the car in Carden Avenue where I striped down to my boxers with fans walking past laughing at me.

I drove back to Bristol with the heating on full but the windows wide open cos as the car warmed up my wet clothes steamed like a Chinese laundry.

I never went again !

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
A sad one from a different era, both bizarre and memorable.

Torquay United at the Goldstone, 23 November 1963, the day after JFK was assassinated in Dallas.

Walking up the hill at the back of the East Terrace from the turnstiles in Goldstone Lane, and realising that the usual hubbub of noise had been replaced by a hushed reverential near silence that was never really replaced during the game.

A 3-0 win for the Albion that afternoon but that didn't seem to matter in the vast scheme of things...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I was at one particular game and I'm pretty sure I broke Johnny Byrne during a pitch invasion.

Its been eating me up for years.

Ipswich’91? I ended up Alongside Perry Digweed In goal for that one.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Most bizarre "match-day experience" for me was the walk through Hove park to watch the first home game after the great storm in 1987. Literally every tree levelled, laying flat like matchsticks, all facing the same direction.. No idea who we played (11v11 website says we played PNE on 17th October, and the storm was the night of the 15th/16th.. can't believe there was a game so quickly given the damage done everywhere!!)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Ipswich’91? I ended up Alongside Perry Digweed In goal for that one.

Yep. I got pushed from behind when DW's free kick went in and landed on JB's leg as he lay crocked behind the South Stand goal. I won't repeat what he called me!

Possibly my fault he missed the play offs. :shootself

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A sad one from a different era, both bizarre and memorable.

Torquay United at the Goldstone, 23 November 1963, the day after JFK was assassinated in Dallas.

Walking up the hill at the back of the East Terrace from the turnstiles in Goldstone Lane, and realising that the usual hubbub of noise had been replaced by a hushed reverential near silence that was never really replaced during the game.

A 3-0 win for the Albion that afternoon but that didn't seem to matter in the vast scheme of things...

In a similar vein, the home game at Withdean vs Southampton 11/9/01 bizarre atmosphere, don't remember the game, aside the buzz about a young stains defender, I was sat next to old mate Little Rich who's company had a large office in the WTC. Understandably shocked . . . I was working for a US copany at the time as well, which kind of added to the mood.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yep. I got pushed from behind when DW's free kick went in and landed on JB's leg as he lay crocked behind the South Stand goal. I won't repeat what he called me!

Possibly my fault he missed the play offs. :shootself

You absolute bloody twonk.
If you hadn’t done that we’d have beaten Notts County, got promoted and none of the bad stuff would have happened!
Am intrigued to hear what he called you. Can you tell using a few of these ******.

What a game though, must have been amazing in the South When Deano scoreD. When Perry saved a penalty and there was a pitch invasion. I , and a few others, couldn’t get back In the north, and were standing Inside the goal.
In the invasion at full time, Chris Kiwomya pushed me out of the way. But I will never forget Micky Stockwell - he shook albion fans hands and said “all the best to Brighton” despite looking tired and gutted, Thats stayed With me - what class.
Also, I remember earlier two quite attractive girl were behind me And my friend in the north and were kind of pushing into us in quite a sexual way. I was Young and much shyer then, and did nothing. Just to say, love, if you’re reading this, I’d probably now be up for it.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You absolute bloody twonk.
If you hadn’t done that we’d have beaten Notts County, got promoted and none of the bad stuff would have happened!
Am intrigued to hear what he called you. Can you tell using a few of these ******.

What a game though, must have been amazing in the South When Deano scoreD. When Perry saved a penalty and there was a pitch invasion. I , and a few others, couldn’t get back In the north, and were standing Inside the goal.
In the invasion at full time, Chris Kiwomya pushed me out of the way. But I will never forget Micky Stockwell - he shook albion fans hands and said “all the best to Brighton” despite looking tired and gutted, Thats stayed With me - what class.
Also, I remember earlier two quite attractive girl were behind me And my friend in the north and were kind of pushing into us in quite a sexual way. I was Young and much shyer then, and did nothing. Just to say, love, if you’re reading this, I’d probably now be up for it.

It began with c and ended in t!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Swindon play off semi final where Virgo
Scored last min and it went to penalties... hot the, youre gonna hit the bar...

Palace 5-0... awful...

Wolves or watford i dunno one we won 4-0 the other 4-1 and they were a few weeks apart but the rockets mans rocket landed at my feet on fire. I think he stopped After that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here