Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the BEST film you've ever seen?

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Most of my favourite films are horror that are very dark and disturbing. The Omen series are all good, Silence Of The Lambs, Night Of The Living Dead, Psycho, The Shining, The Blair Witch Project for it's psychological edge, Halloween, Copycat, Hellraiser but the best has to be The Exorcist - still like to watch that stoned with the volume very loud. Absolutely bloody terrifying.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Godfather 1
Godfather 2
Forrest Gump
12 Angry Men
Ace in the hole
Quadraphenia
Schindlers List
Shawshank Redemption
The Shining (best acting performance by JN)
The Outlaw Josey Wales

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Shawshank Redemption?
Sleuth?
Gattaca?
Sleeper?
The Usual Suspects?
Tampopo?

Too tough. No idea.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
My favourite films are:
Hot Fuzz - It has me in stitches every time I watch it even though it is one of my most watched films.
The Rocky trilogy (apart from Balboa).
I can't decide between the two for the number 1 spot though.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
My favourite ever film scene. Starman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33SRo5oE_NI

ooh, you soppy so and so.

must watch that film again, it's smashing and I have it on glorious VHS somewhere ........... probably with Simon Bates giving the SP on film classification .......

and while I'm here thanks for the recommendation of 'August Rush' that you made a year or so ago. Absolutely not my kind of thing but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
That is why it is so great. People have different interpretations. For me when the spinning top was just about to fall at the end before it finished alluded to me the reality he thought he was in, was not infact reality after all. As I said, still in level 2.

My impression was that the spinning top was not his Totem but actually his Wife's and that his was his wedding ring.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The most moving film I ever saw was After Thomas. Only £3:60 on Amazon.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not a great film buff.

Where eagles dare was good, blazing saddles very funny, city of angles, really good, bambi very sad, Harry potter films good, star war films great , but only the first three, original superman films great, most James bond films great, sean Connery ones, but only Skyfall since, bargi on the beach( can't spell bargee) was excellent, dr Faustus scary, dr strange love mad but brilliant, pink panther series, Peter sellars only! Brilliant,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here