Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What if we've peaked?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We did have a shit run of results under Potter about this time in 21/22 (5 defeats and a 0-0 against Norwich) and finished stronglt. I don't know why, but this feels more terminal in terms this season. I can see us limping to 40 something points.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
What if beating Ajax away and Marseille at home was the peak of the Brighton and Hove Albion experience and we will now slowly return to being an upper mid table Championship side?

It feels like that.

Sales of these climbing 100% in the Sussex area.

Attachments

• IMG_1826.jpeg
    IMG_1826.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 17

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
If we could sort out our defensive limitations more than I think we could improve. Missing Europe next season might not be a bad thing unless it leads to another exodus.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What if beating Ajax away and Marseille at home was the peak of the Brighton and Hove Albion experience and we will now slowly return to being an upper mid table Championship side?

It feels like that.
Only if you stupidly believed we were already the finished article.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did think at the time that last season was possibly the highest we’ll ever be. Good news is we won’t get plundered again in the summer and we’ve still got some good young talent to go again. UTA.
By "we won't get plundered in the summer", are you not expecting incoming bids for Mitoma, Adingra or Pedro ? I'm not saying we'll make it easy, but the fact is, we are a selling club.

That's just where we are in the foodchain. I'm fully braced for an overhaul this summer, on and off the pitch.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
By "we won't get plundered in the summer", are you not expecting incoming bids for Mitoma, Adingra or Pedro ? I'm not saying we'll make it easy, but the fact is, we are a selling club.

That's just where we are in the foodchain. I'm fully braced for an overhaul this summer, on and off the pitch.
Maybe, maybe not. Yes we’re a selling club but only when our valuation is met. Maybe teams will see better value elsewhere if we end the season in a less convincing manner. Obviously Pedro is currently injured and so may be eased back into the first XI similar to Enciso, so maybe less in the shop window. Mitoma is out until the summer. Obviously if these three are playing and scoring for fun between now and the end of the season then bids will come in.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I think we've peaked in this cycle probably yes. Though remember the team right now is not only without Caicedo and Ali Mac, but also João Pedro, Mitoma and March.

They'll get fit again, the youngsters will push on and we'll be back. Maybe without RDZ, but as with when Potter left the structure is there to keep building.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

It feels like that.

Upper mid Championship ? I'm guessing you really haven't been here for long, mid third division (league 1 to you JCL's). If you have ever heard of the Goldstone, that's what we were and have great traditions in (with the occasional div4 & 2) :thumbsup:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Maybe we could have 'Circle Of Life' playing instead of 'Hey Jude '?

Personally I couldn't give a toss.

If it does go really tits up I'll probably be able to get a ticket.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I strangely think our defenders have quality and are committing an annoying amount of mistakes. However, with those injured missing in attack, the team doesn't score then the pressure increases on the back. The whole machine needs to work and the defence has a much easier time. I believe there is much more to come from our squad as they recover and grow.

DavePage

maybe if the offside goal didn’t count the fourth would not have happened?
my wife said are you still boing next week, from Spain.
Hell yes, I can applaud the best team we have ever produced, or celebrate the craziest comeback ever.
what’s not to go for

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here