Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What has been your favourite Europa League match so far?

What has been your favourite Europa League match so far?

• Total voters

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Wow, what a journey! And there is still more to come ;)

Started bottom of the group, after our first European match, but finished top - beating Marseille at the AMEX!

But, what was your favourite match of the group stages? 🤔

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Every single game was notable...

AEK (h) - first European fixture
Marseille (a) - first European point
Ajax (h) - first European win
Ajax (a) - first European away win
AEK (a) - qualifying for European knockout stages
Marseille (h) - winning a European group

I've felt quite emotional at all five I was fortunate enough to attend - still kicking myself for handing my AEK ticket back on the Monday before the game - it's been a remarkable experience, with more to come!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Marseille away, that’s when we arrived in the competition.
Think its same, but hard to decide between that and last Thursdays home match. The question asks your favourite match, just the game on the pitch or best match experience?

The ending last Thursday was the most individually euphoric moment for me, more so than Pedros pen in Marseille, and easily the best Amex moment.

The whole match experience in Marseille is unrivalled ever, the intensity of it all was unbeatable.

But Stade Velodrome is where it all turned for us. Who'd have thought as Marseille second went in after 20 minutes, from that point we won't concede again in the competition and will win next 4 and top group.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm a TV watching fan mainly now - so will have a different experience than those in the grounds. I don't know about favourite match, but for me, the most important moment in the whole tournament so far was Lamptey's strong tackle at the beginning of the second half at Marseille.

At that moment it seemed that the whole approach had changed from being a bit overawed and 'happy to be here' to 'we're going to fight for this now'. I don't think Marseille were expecting this increase in robustness.

After the obligatory couple of minutes of rolling around, from the restart, Lamptey gets down the wing, Gross scored - and since then we have not looked back, and not conceded a goal.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Think its same, but hard to decide between that and last Thursdays home match. The question asks your favourite match, just the game on the pitch or best match experience?

The ending last Thursday was the most individually euphoric moment for me, more so than Pedros pen in Marseille, and easily the best Amex moment.

The whole match experience in Marseille is unrivalled ever, the intensity of it all was unbeatable.

But Stade Velodrome is where it all turned for us. Who'd have thought as Marseille second went in after 20 minutes, from that point we won't concede again in the competition and will win next 4 and top group.
"Who'd have thought as Marseille second went in after 20 minutes, from that point we won't concede again in the competition and will win next 4 and top group."
...and that is just absolutely effing amazing 😎...well done to the squad, to RDZ and the fans.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Best match: Marseille at home - what a result and what an atmosphere at the match
Best overall experience: Marseille away - the travel there and back (we took train), the atmosphere, the comeback, seeing Albion in their first ever competitive game on European soil.
Agree - my take too. In fairness it was the only away game I could get a ticket for.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Best match: Marseille at home - what a result and what an atmosphere at the match
Best overall experience: Marseille away - the travel there and back (we took train), the atmosphere, the comeback, seeing Albion in their first ever competitive game on European soil.
Beat overall experience, Athens, though game wasn't great nor were we on night.

Best stadium/match experience, Marseille by a country mile.

Best individual experience/emotion easily Last Thursday after Pedro scored right through to Sweet Caroline as players went off.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
They’ve all been amazing, even the one we lost, given that it was the first. I’ve been to 4. The one away was Athens which was a great experience all round, from being tear gassed and winning to ensure progress, to the week we spent wandering round such a fascinating city, and meeting Albion fans everywhere. So I’d have to nominate Athens but they’ve all been brilliant, even the two I had to watch on TV.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Every single game was notable...

AEK (h) - first European fixture
Marseille (a) - first European point
Ajax (h) - first European win
Ajax (a) - first European away win
AEK (a) - qualifying for European knockout stages
Marseille (h) - winning a European group

I've felt quite emotional at all five I was fortunate enough to attend - still kicking myself for handing my AEK ticket back on the Monday before the game - it's been a remarkable experience, with more to come!
The only thing i would add to this brilliant post is to say Marseille (a) first away European fixture and first point.
Mainly because it was something i never thought i would see, let alone be there!
In summation how can anyone choose between them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here