Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What happened to boycott Forfars????

petefromtheblock

Aug 1, 2011
Dear all,

I seem to recall a particular issue relating to a member of Lewes Council that was continually blocking the planning application. She also happened to be the owner of Forfars.

I seem to recall that there was a call for Albion fans to boycott Forfars and quite rightly so.

So, to my extreme horror, when attending the Christening of the new stadium, this Saturday, I noticed that the baguettes, burger buns and hot-dog buns were supplied by Forfars!!!! That is just what I saw with my own eyes, god knows what else those scum bags are supplying.

In my eyes, if my memory serves me well, this is just simply not acceptable!

Please can someone confirm if I am going mad, or if there really was a call to boycott Forfars. And if I am right, what do the crew suggest we do about it?

Yours,

Concerned of Hove

petefromtheblock

Aug 1, 2011
Inside the ground at the outlets in the East Stand concourse... No consumption here. I was there to buy a bottle of Life Water

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I believe Ms Cuttress is no longer part of the Forfars empire..

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Who cares? We have the stadium now. People said they would avoid The Swann after their protest against Falmer. Yet it seemed to be very busy Saturday. Things change

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Who cares? We have the stadium now. People said they would avoid The Swann after their protest against Falmer. Yet it seemed to be very busy Saturday. Things change

The Swan was less of a boycott and more being barred by the then landlord. Ownership has since changed to a pro-Albion landlord ( or at least one that will tolerate us ! ).

petefromtheblock

Aug 1, 2011
What do you mean "Who Cares???" I bloody care! What that woman did and was vocal in her ambitions, was unacceptable and she should be left in the cold. Let another local baker, who did not look to block the deal take the contract. We should reward the friends of The Albion and not those that seek to destroy us. Give the contract to Truffles!!!

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
It's always been more complicated.

Tim Cuttress, the owner, has always been an Albion season ticket holder, since the Goldstone and through the Withdean years. I understand he thought that Falmer was the wrong place, but has always been a supporter of the Albion.

His wife, Melanie Cuttress, is the person we all know helped lead the the opposition to Falmer, and was the reason behind the boycott - they live in the village, so NIMBY does apply.

I don't think the business has been too healthy the last few years, so always thought that Melanie was risking quite a lot in her opposition to her husband's business. I haven't heard her role has changed, she's still the owner's wife as far as I'm aware, but I can see why Tim Cuttress was probably straight in there once the decision had been made.

I wonder if they ever had any interesting conversations round the dinner table...

petefromtheblock

Aug 1, 2011
So, what we conclude, is nothing has changed at Forfars and they are the biggest hypocrites in Sussex!

I don't know about you, but I do not think that this should be let go... Keep it local and give one of the good guys the deal, not the ones that were happy to see the club disappear!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So, what we conclude, is nothing has changed at Forfars and they are the biggest hypocrites in Sussex!

I don't know about you, but I do not think that this should be let go... Keep it local and give one of the good guys the deal, not the ones that were happy to see the club disappear!

I don't imagine the club have any authority over who THEIR suppliers should use. They've sun-contracted the catering and those caters are going to use whoever gives them the best deal.

petefromtheblock

Aug 1, 2011
I am sure that people power will speak and that we can make them get rid of those scum bags.... The catering is sub contracted out, but there is still discretion from the club on such issues

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Why bother. We fought the battles and we won the war.

Not going into Forfars now, is like not holidaying in Germany.

Move on

petefromtheblock

Aug 1, 2011
Germany is not being run by a Nazi government any more, so it is ok to go there (why you would holiday in Germany is a slightly curious choice)... Forfars board of directors are the same as they always were. So when that whore steps up and objects to the stadium extensions, what do you do then? I say nip it in the bud and cut her, and her Lidl quality sausage rolls, out!

Boycott Forfars and kick them out of the Ames - vote Truffles!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Slight difference-The Swan has a new landlord who is Albion friendly. Mrs Forfars (Cuttress) and her cronies nearly killed The Albion's dreams and future.

Ban The Bun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here