Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What formation / players would YOU play?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just wondering what player formation people on here would play given the players available to McGhee.

I was not at Coventry but heard Blayney did ok so I would keep him in goal but revert back to the 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 that served us so well earlier in the season.

Butters, Dolan and El Abd in defence.

Harding / Jones and Reid playing wing back.

Hammond, Nicolas and Carpenter in midfield.

Knight and Virgo playing up front with Knight being given license to roam.

Looking at good partnerships in attack it is very rare that playing TWO big men seems to work as they do not compliment each other well and makes a team somewhat predictable.

Have McCammon on the bench and bring him on for the last 20 minutes if we are having to throw everything and the kitchen sink at teams.

I would have recalled Robinson from Aldershot as well. Cannot do any worse then McPhee or McCammon and is the goal poaching type striker this team is crying out for.

Same team for Preston as Saturday, except Chippy for Hammond, then with Leon suspended we can either play Jonah on the left in a 4-4-2 or, depending on what particular theats/opportunities McGhee discerns in the Leicester shape, go with a 3-5-2, dropping OGH, bringing in El Abd with Hammond/Nicolas fighting for the one remaining spot in midfield.

Last edited:

junior said:
I thought you had retired?:dunce:

Richie will never retire from NSC. He will just flounce off every now and then. Credit to him, his flounce this time was quite low-key, progress surely? :jester:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not that I NEED to explain myself to you but Ive been busy and occasionally browsing the board but not posting. Today I am BORED so thought I would post.

As to who I would play when Knight is out, Id stick Gary Hart up front. He caused Spurs more then a few problems and will run his socks off in the process.

E

enigma

Blayney

Virgo/El-Abd
Dolan
Butters

Reid
Chippy
Nicolas
Oatway
Harding

Virgo/Mac
Knight

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Code:
                  Blayney

Virgo Dolan Butters
Reid                                 Harding
        C'ter Nicolas Hammond

Knight McCammon

Subs: McPhee, Jones, Jarrett, El Abd, Oatway

Seagulls World today McGhee said he was happy with the shape of the team - "that team plus Chippy will get us the points".

Seagull_AA

Nov 1, 2004
Battle, Sussex

I would play 4-3-3 to give us more firepower. Just forget Hinshelwood is injured for 9 months so replace him with El-Abd in defence.

:)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Blayney

Virgo Dolan Butters
Reid Harding
C'ter Nicolas Hammond

Knight Hart

Subs: McPhee, Jones, , El Abd, Oatway shaaban

McCammon - waterboy

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Seagull_AA said:

I would play 4-3-3 to give us more firepower. Just forget Hinshelwood is injured for 9 months so replace him with in defence.

Very pretty

Blayney
Reid El-Abd Butters Harding
Virgo
Hart Carpenter Hammond
Knight MacCammon

Jones
Shaaban
Dolan
Watson
Oatway

El-Abd in the centre of defence is hardly ideal. I don't know much about this Richard Cresswell. 14 goals.

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Blayney
El-Abd Dolan Butters

Reid Harding

Hammond Oatway Chippy

Virgs Knight

Shabaan
Elphick
Nicolas
Jones
MacCammon

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
London Irish said:
Seagulls World today McGhee said he was happy with the shape of the team - "that team plus Chippy will get us the points".

Let's hope that Chippy has been keeping himself fit during his absence from the team. A less than fit Chippy is not what we need right now.

:wave:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Seagull_AA said:

I would play 4-3-3 to give us more firepower. Just forget Hinshelwood is injured for 9 months so replace him with El-Abd in defence.

Oatway left back? Virgo right back? Harding central midfield? McPhee??

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here