Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What football boots did you have as a kid?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Pretty sure I had a pair of Winfield's when I was in middle school.

Had a pair of Adidas Stratos Drive when I was at secondary school, then some rather comfy Diadora boots when I was at Uni. A pair of Umbro moulds for the occasional work match which lasted into my coaching days, to be replaced by a budget pair of Adidas last summer.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Cheap black ones with moulded studs.

I needed a pair of these to sort the men from the boys.

1707160556411.png

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I had a gola pair from a jumble sale

A hand me down from friends - alan ball white boots (and got kicked from here to next week)

Adidas mondials

Puma kings

Asics 1989 (might be inspire)

Since then various adidas basic models

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Amazed at people who can such detail. Mine were Gola but can't remember any more detail, can't even remember what colour the stripes were.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
In 1969 I had hand me down wooden stud and toe cap ones.
Another member of the team took the piss as he had the latest leather/plastic efforts.
I gave him a good kick, he crumbled to the floor in tears and I just said 'they f***ing work'.

Last edited:

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
In ascending order

Reebok something - what Ryan Giggs wore
Puma Cups
Puma Kings
Adidas Predators
Nike total 90’s (The very best in my opinion)
Nike phantoms and Mercurial (various)

The best in my opinion (bought multiple pairs)
View attachment 174847
I had the T90s but the slightly newer pair, the only "proper" pair of boots I got (meaning the ones that were £90+ rather than £40 or so).

lwllftx8zwl21.jpg

I did have a really nice pair of Adidas astro turfs though which had my initials embroidered on and I got for a football school trip in Spain.

Currently wearing these when I play some kick about 5 a side because I went through a phase of wearing stuff with galaxy print on and can't be assed to buy a new pair

P1.jpg

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Adidas World Cup are the best of all time IMO. I wouldn't wear anything but those, some Puma Kings or some Nike Tiempos these days. Substance over style.

A few favourites from my youth:

1000008437.jpg

1000008438.jpg

I loved these boots below so much when I saw them. Tried them on and could barely squeeze my feet into them. I was a broad-footed centre back and these were obviously made for dainty-footed wingers and strikers. Ended up getting my feet in and scamming my dad into buying them for me, saying how they fit perfectly etc. Had to come off in most games as I could barely walk from the pain of the blisters. Very, very stupid. They are lovely though.

1000008439.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here