COLESLAW

:sick::sick::sick::sick:

coleslaw1.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We had a Korean student stay with us for a year and she was an awsome cook. She told us about the food they like to eat back home and it made my toes curl.
They are a bit like the french, if it moves, eat it. But she told us that her fav dish was deep fried chickens feet.
Imagine grabbing a bag of those whilst watching match of the day.
If anyone fancies a try, you can get them from Wing Yips at Croydon

When I was at uni I lived in a house with a Chinese couple. One morning (or more likely afternoon) I went into the kitchen to get a bowl of cereal and was greeted by a large pot of chicken feet sitting there on the worktop. I suddenly didn't feel having breakfast.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
how odd? maybe a subconscious reaction to something bad that has happened to you with said gourd in your child hood? :wrong:

what's your thoughts on gherkins?

Gherkins are INSTANTLY evicted from my burger, they are most unwelcome tenants and have no right to be there. Unlike cucumber though, gherkins do not leave a foul and fetid residue behind them, so once removed, the burger can generally be consumed without fear of retching.

Unless its from the Shoreham Uncle Sams, who are notorious for undercooking theirs.
Jees, its a gastronomic MINEFIELD out there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pears are quite inoffensive. Make a nice change from boring old apples if you ask me.

Which you didn't.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Just to be pedantic, as far as I know congee is rice, albeit cooked for a long time, so it probably is a porridge-esque consistency.

To be doubly pedantic, congee is usually described as 'rice porridge' in English, so both are correct.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Gherkins are INSTANTLY evicted from my burger, they are most unwelcome tenants and have no right to be there. Unlike cucumber though, gherkins do not leave a foul and fetid residue behind them, so once removed, the burger can generally be consumed without fear of retching.

Unless its from the Shoreham Uncle Sams, who are notorious for undercooking theirs.
Jees, its a gastronomic MINEFIELD out there.

I find this odd given that gherkins have a strong and rather odd taste, whereas cucumbers taste of nothing

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
We had a Korean student stay with us for a year and she was an awsome cook. She told us about the food they like to eat back home and it made my toes curl.
They are a bit like the french, if it moves, eat it. But she told us that her fav dish was deep fried chickens feet.
Imagine grabbing a bag of those whilst watching match of the day.
If anyone fancies a try, you can get them from Wing Yips at Croydon

I've had steamed chicken feet in dim sum restaurants many times. They're quite nice, if a little fiddly because you have to keep spitting the little bones out.

Korean food is a virtually undiscovered gem in the West. I love kimchi. :drool:

I never ate dog while in Korea though, but I did once have dog paw soup in the Philippines. Was OK, could have used a bit more garlic.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Pears are quite inoffensive. Make a nice change from boring old apples if you ask me.

Which you didn't.

Seeing as you weren't asking Easy, are you a fan (like me) of the Chinese/Asian Pear? I like to think of it as the third way: & a very handy weapon when I find myself dithering hopelessly in the fruit isle.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Baked Beans. So grim.

I knew a boy at school who had a PHOBIA about baked beans. Apparently he saw a mutlilated bird once, and its little heart looked exactly like a solitary baked bean.
We called him Thacker the Spacker (this had nothing to do with the bean thing, it was just that he conveniently had a surname that rhymed with our favourite derogatory term).

I find this odd given that gherkins have a strong and rather odd taste, whereas cucumbers taste of nothing

The gherkin flavour gets lost in amongst the ketchup and mustard, but there is a kind of fetid dampness to cucumber that seems to ingrain itself into foods it comes into contact with. It can also get airborne. I find myself inhaling its odorous vapours.

I think Edna holds a similar revulsion to this obnoxious vegetable.

Oct 25, 2003
i'd describe cucumbers as the al-qaeda of the food world

they won't rest until the rest of the food world (the "infidels") conform to their evil ways, and have no qualms of inflicting pain and suffering on innocent civilians

a couple of them caused a right old 9/11 in a chicken sandwich that i bought the other day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here