Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] What films had the the most profound effect on you

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've struggled with this thread title.
Partly as I'm at a bit of a loss and partly because I remember being in the cinema once when the film ended and everyone sat silently. (No idea of the film)

Anyhoo I'm currently rewatching The Peanut Butter Falcon, on Netflix.
The film didn't have a profound effect on me but the day we watched it did.

I'm so pleased the film is holding up to it's elevated position it has in my memory.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
After your watched them?

I was almost traumatised by three films and they stuck in my mind for days afterwards

The Deer Hunter (Russian roulette and the water holding pens)
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest ( ****ing Nurse Ratched!)
Carrie ( the end freaked me out)

You?

Oh yes....... One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.......
It’s still as relevant today...... well frontal lobotomy apart.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Good shout on La Cabina, or 'The Telephone Box' as it was called when I saw it on telly in the early 80s. My brother and I were stunned by it - the ending was completely unexpected. My children are about the same age now so I shall see what they make of it :)

:lolol: Enjoy! I watched the ending again when I posted that. Lot more gruesome than I remember.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Event Horizon really really messed my head up. Not even that good a film but got inside my head and had never left. So much so that it gave me an idea for a novel that I am now writing.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Never knew the name of the film , sounds daft but I was maybe 12-14 at the time .

It was black and white very English film late 60s early 70s perhaps about a Witch that had been buried alive in the walls of a old house , centuries later descendants of those that walled her up moved in and she set about disposing of them , it's very sketchy but what still stays with me is the final scene in which a woman drives away thinking she's escaped, she adjusts her rear view mirror and the Witch is sat in the back .

All very tame by today's standards of shock horror but as a youngster it scared me so much I ended up being taken to see a psychiatrist, writing it down seems ok so I guess I'm over it but will never forget it or the final scene , its etched in my memory for life , sorry I can't give the films name , probably for the best really .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here