Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does your NSC screen name mean ?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Correct me if I'm wrong (and yes, it has been known), but I always thought that poor Perrys danglies were re-arranged not by a goalpost, but by Neil Paskin of WBA, who slid in studs-up on a 50-50 ball and ruptured Diggers urethra.

Kevin Bremner took over in goal.

Or did I dream all that ?

That's exactly how I remember it as well.

I was stood at the front of the South West, and I can clearly remember Perry being led around the edge of the pitch (no stretcher nonsense) and we could see the blood as he went past. There was a collective whince like you could never imagine.

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
Correct me if I'm wrong (and yes, it has been known), but I always thought that poor Perrys danglies were re-arranged not by a goalpost, but by Neil Paskin of WBA, who slid in studs-up on a 50-50 ball and ruptured Diggers urethra.

Kevin Bremner took over in goal.

Or did I dream all that ?

You could be right as many pints of Tennants Extra have taken their toll since then. I was 21 when it happened and have tried Googling since but cannot find any mention. I was even starting to think I'd imagined it!
I'd be interestd if anyone else can clarify things.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Mine has evolved over time...initially i used the screen name taken from Pink Floyd' song 'The Gnome'...my girlfriend then changed it a bit and that's what she calls me...among other things like 'Oi, you in the bushes' and 'stop doing that i'm asleep'.

Only time it's used offline is by her...or anyone i guess i know offline that also frequents NSC.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Because he couldn't.

One of my most vivid memories is of a midweek evening game at the Goldstone. Sully got hold of the ball outside the area and took a swing. It was so high it hit the roof of the South Stand. And a legend was born...

Anyone remember who we were playing?

As a winger, I was very similar to my namesake - except I couldn't dribble either.

So I became a (poor) full back.

I think in my entire "career" I only scored once in a competitive match. It was a bit like Andy Crosby's goal off his ear in that I was just in the way and it ricocheted off me.

I did score a cracker in an after work kick about in Regents Park, though......

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
<----- Because it is true - honestly: I did not change it as a result of following the Albion, my family had it first ..... but it still makes any correspondence/communication with the club a little weird... imagine the scene " and your name?", followed by stunned silence when I tell them and have to always add "it`s true and I am not some oddball who changed their name to the club mascots"!!!!

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
Nothing interesting really. It's just the name of my favorite singer.

And I thought it had to do with this:

bensonlogo.jpg

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Men get ready to wince.....

Mine is in honour of one of our 'great' goalkeepers when I used to support the Albion from the North Stand at the Goldstone.
During one match in 1988 I witnessed one of the worst injuries I've ever seen. Digweed clashed with the left hand post and there was blood everywhere. Digweed had ruptured his testicle and needed emergency hospital treatment. It was rumoured that he actually had a testicle removed in the end and to me this represents the saying 'giving it all' for the Albion.
Digweed still went on to date several page 3 models and I believe his trademark tracksuit bottoms were a feature only after the incident.

For those who don't know about Digweed, he was Albion's player of the season in 1991. In our play-off push he saved a penalty in the same game Wilkins scored late on to put us into the play-offs. video of both on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMo02BwbXPo

He was also in Ralph Brown's prison guard team in the film Mean Machine....

The Argus have a photo of Digweed wrapped around the post at
http://theargusandleaderseries.news...s looking back perry digweed injured 1988_jpg

My avatar picture is just an ironic image from South Park of testicles.....

I remember the t-shirts, "safe as houses, the goalie in the trousers" :bowdown:

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Mine means The Pretty Boy in Spanish. I wanted a Spanish nickname like The dagger et el because im Spanish.

However, after choosing this 5 or 6 years ago, it just sounds silly now, but no one knows what it means so its alright. Until now...!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Well believe it or not, I live in Coldean. I do go by other names as well, like Gary or Dad. Nobody really cares though....do they?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Mine means something in French.

Probably.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
My nickname

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports