Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what does that say to the players,when the manager goes with 5 minutes to go!!!!!!!!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am 100% convinced that some of the people on here could go home and find Gus screwing their missus and still want to shake the guys hand. Or cheer him on and give him a round of applause..He walked away from his team ffs, with five mins to go in a vital game. Not to mention showing total disrespect to a fellow manager. Poyet is a brat and behaves like one.
I would have thought theres a fair few people who would bet good money that you would moan about Poyet at least once every weekend....so maybe your just as predictable

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I am 100% convinced that some of the people on here could go home and find Gus screwing their missus and still want to shake the guys hand. Or cheer him on and give him a round of applause..He walked away from his team ffs, with five mins to go in a vital game. Not to mention showing total disrespect to a fellow manager. Poyet is a brat and behaves like one.

I would certainly applaud Gus if he managed to screw my gf. It is one of lifes great challenges

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
To be fair

* c**tish ref
* c**tish fans behind him

rather he went 5 minutes early then lose him from the sidelines for a couple of games.

DavePage

Did Tanno leave also? No
So we were represented in exactly the same way as we would have been if Gus had stayed, lost his cool & been sent off.
Same end result, but cheaper and better in the short term for Brighton. Good call, wheres the problem?
Stop being so blinkered.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Love Poyet and i am still sure he will manage at the highest level,he has his "latino hissy fits" from time to time and comes back to prove me wrong,on this issue i disagree with what he has done,i hope he proves me wrong-come Tuesday we shall find out-toys from pram springs to mind..predicting a Brighton win-possibly a rampant one

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Were you there?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's obvious that he wasn't because he would have seen Poyet strolling past us waving and applauding, not throwing a hissy fit or throwing toys out of the pram. It was a measured decision, taken calmly.

That's what I saw too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolutely wrong to leave before the end. Wrong message to team. Wrong message to supporters.

The supporters that were there stood up to clap him as he went past. I didn't hear any dissenters as we all realised why he did it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Absolutely wrong to leave before the end. Wrong message to team. Wrong message to supporters.

Find myself in agreement-yes i share the sentiments of others expressing concerns re "touchline bans" etc,but for me this is not the correct thing to do-

what if i just say-f*** it i will go home before i kill somebody,rather than finish a days work...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Gus leaves 5 mins from the end? better than some of our fans i suppose

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Find myself in agreement-yes i share the sentiments of others expressing concerns re "touchline bans" etc,but for me this is not the correct thing to do-

what if i just say-f*** it i will go home before i kill somebody,rather than finish a days work...

Do you get sent home with yellow cards where you work? Do you end up facing a fine because somebody doesn't like how you conduct yourself? I have left work early after an altercation but then I work flexi time so can work my hours up at other times.
Poyet can get fined for the actions of someone else ie the referee. The Burnley player rolling around on the ground for nearly 5 mins was within inches of the touchline and should have been made to continue getting treatment off the pitch. That was just one incident amongst many.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Do you get sent home with yellow cards where you work? Do you end up facing a fine because somebody doesn't like how you conduct yourself? I have left work early after an altercation but then I work flexi time so can work my hours up at other times.
Poyet can get fined for the actions of someone else ie the referee. The Burnley player rolling around on the ground for nearly 5 mins was within inches of the touchline and should have been made to continue getting treatment off the pitch. That was just one incident amongst many.

I know what your saying but for me it's still avoiding a situation-

As a 7.5 tonne delivery driver-if i have a bad day,i could take things personal,crack or run away-

i can't i have a duty of care to other road users,the public and myself-

I indicate,use defensive driving and remain calm at all times-if somebody is lost on the roads,or cut's me up i have to take it (up the arse so too speak)

Ps if it got really bad i would pull over for 10 minutes i suppose..and go again

If i take things like Gus and have a hissy fit i could end up killing somebody

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know what your saying but for me it's still avoiding a situation-

As a 7.5 tonne delivery driver-if i have a bad day,i could take things personal,crack or run away-

i can't i have a duty of care to other road users,the public and myself-

I indicate,use defensive driving and remain calm at all times-if somebody is lost on the roads,or cut's me up i have to take it (up the arse so too speak)

Ps if it got really bad i would pull over for 10 minutes i suppose..and go again

If i take things like Gus and have a hissy fit i could end up killing somebody

You have proved my point exactly. You can pull over for 10 minutes, have a cup of tea or a breather and then start again. Poyet was in full public view, with a few hundred Burnley fans behind him, and nowhere to go for a breather. He decided that the changing room was the best place to be for his 'breather'
Do fans really want him hung drawn and quartered, or maybe just cut him some slack whilst he's on this learning curve?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here