What do you usually get at the chippy?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Used to go in our local when we was kids and ask for scribbles. These were the bits of batter from the bottom of the fryer. Never had to pay for them, they was delicious, salt n vinegar etc.

Uncle Jimmy,s Chippy. All we had to do was take the battered sausage out of his track suit and light his cigar.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Scampi and chips each Friday evening and sometimes a pineapple fritter for desert.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What happened to the chips these days.....like eating the paper that wraps them.... not so good for you maybe...but in the early 50s chips were cooked in fat and were fluffy inside and crispy brown outside,salt/vinegar....absolutely delicious...and only 3d.... old pennies and fish was between 6d or large was 9d.....about 4 and a half P these days....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Do other countries have fish and chip shops or is it a purely British thing? I've certainly not seen any while on holiday.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Do other countries have fish and chip shops or is it a purely British thing? I've certainly not seen any while on holiday.

A music venue in New York offers 3 meal options one of which is Fish and Chips with Green Salad, Humus and a Soda ( ie: Hummus and a fizzy soft drink ).

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Huss n' large chips x2 plus 2 fish cakes and s large curry sauce! Washed down with a bottle of dry white!

- - - Updated - - -

In Brighton it's Huss not Rock Salmon, weird eh?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

I've seen a few chippes in Australia and NZ.

None in Japan though. :down:

Although I can make do by picking up a bit of tempura and making home made chips instead of rice. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports