Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What do members of the fan advisory boad think of the new shirt?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would be just about the second-easiest thing in the world for the club to present the captured fanbase with a choice of 3 kits and ask them to vote on which they prefer.

A bit like Crawley Town without all that dumb WAGMI NFT bolleaux

Captured how?

Preventing Palarse fans voting for the shittest shirt, how?

And if this can be done at great expense.....why?

Unless it has 'vote Truss' on the front, I'll buy it whatever it looks like. Or not, depending on whim.

I have ordered one of those nice orange away ones :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Captured how?

Unless it has 'vote Truss' on the front, I'll buy it whatever it looks like. Or not, depending on whim.

Captured on the club's database I meant, by fan number. The exact same way we were asked to vote for the FAB members themselves in fact

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Captured on the club's database I meant, by fan number. The exact same way we were asked to vote for the FAB members themselves in fact

That makes sense :thumbsup:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Captured how?

You're Anti Truss now but wait until the hernias kick in. You'll be begging for Truss round your nether regions.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was once elected onto the committee of a community-wide organisation (not round here) made up largely of volunteers - around 1000 volunteers, committee of 8 reporting into a handful of directors. I'd put myself up for election thinking I could actually improve things for the volunteers but within a month had removed myself from all social media and dreaded checking email. The absolutely astronomical levels of entitled communication from people thinking I had an obligation to reply within minutes of being contacted, who'd comment on whether or not I'd 'liked' a Facebook post and read all sorts of agendas into it, who asked me to resolve their petty squabbles with each other or senior people in the organisation, and who asked me to represent incredibly niche perspectives and had absolutely no idea of how organisations run, how to have influence, and how to avoid undermining everything before it'd begun.

It only took 2 weeks before someone suggested that me (also a volunteer, totally unpaid) was somehow now part of a conspiracy simply because I tactfully said I didn't think some utterly batsh*t idea was a good use of the time of the committee but if they could come back with evidence of how to make it work and the benefits of doing so then I'd happily take it forward. When I asked them what they meant they said I couldn't handle it when someone "spoke truth to power" and they then slagged me off relentlessly to the closed Facebook group. It would have been laughable if it wasn't so stressful. I did my year, hated every minute of it, got nothing out of it, and never stood for election again. The actual committee side of it was good, the "doing stuff" that made a difference was good too, but none of it made up for the amount of grief and aggravation just half a dozen people with a chip on their shoulder can cause.

Basically, I'm not surprised if FAB members don't want to respond or engage on here just now. I'd like them to, but ideally in a structured, semi-formal approach that respects the fact they are volunteers, will have lives and probably jobs and other stuff going on too, rather than a free-for-all. I think we'd get more out of it, and it also honours them and their commitment. For FAB to work not only do we have to support it, we have to have people who want to do it in future too and not be put off because it makes someone a target for grief.

That said, I still think the new home kit is an aberration and shouldn't have seen the light of day and I'd love FAB to represent the views of NSC (and Twitter, and Argus comments etc) to the next meeting :).

Surely Bozza could introduce an 'Ask the FAB' section and if anyone gets abusive they get banned. As you say, if the fans abuse this innovation then it will quickly disappear.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're Anti Truss now but wait until the hernia's kick in. You'll be begging for Truss round your nether regions.

Had a hernia already thanks. Luckily it was umbilical.

THPP has relieved me of my misapprehension :thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's interesting if none of them are on here. Surely this is where a large number of fans communicate with each other?

If they are on here and are choosing not to respond, I wonder why not? Have they been told not to engage with NSC?! Lol. It would be nice to hear from one of them.

I suspect any communications will be via the club. I suspect the club have a far bigger database of fans than the 27k members on here, some of which won't even be Albion fans and others that don't go any more!

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
If we beat Palace wearing the shirt, I am going to get one.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here