Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do honestly think Tony Bloom makes of the team & management at the moment?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Think like the rest of us, he's waiting for January

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Mid-table, first season in the division. I Don't think he'd be unhappy.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I suspect, tonight, he is very disappointed with our management for their behaviour this week. But he believes in Poyet and it's a marathon not a sprint.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
as just said, I'd imagine as an intelligent man, he's fairly happy. Probably worried a little that results might continue to go against us but, if we are where we are now at the end of the season he'll see it as job done.

Tony and Gus have a plan. It won't happen over night though.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I would think that Tony Bloom is a very cool calculated man who does not make rash decisions. I would like to think he is quite content at this moment in time. However he is a fan as well as the chairman and I would be very surprised if he is happy about the lack of chances we are creating atm and the slightly negative tactics that are currently being employed by Poyet. With another 5 or 6 thousand seats going in next summer he will not want to see season ticket sales take a nosedive and if history shows us one thing, its that a lot of fans of this club are very fickle and want to watch entertaining football. Just ask Mike Bailey, highest ever league position and sacked, not because of results but because of negative tactics that saw people staying away from the ground.Poyet is on safe ground atm but relegation is unthinkable and if you get in a rut its very hard to turn it around. This really is Poyet's first sticky period as a manager. Is he up to it?...We will see.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Build Slowly and carefully and make sure we are ready for the top flight because once we get there we want to stay there.

We wont get relegated and a mid table finish will be good enough for this season, if we arent pushing for promotion in the next 3 years then Tony Bloom will take a look at the management, Tony and Gus are in this for the long term so why panic after a few months into our first season in the championship

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we are going to keep picking up yellow and red cards TB will be thinking to bring in players who can mix it up and get away with it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Today's not the day to judge on the playing side, disappointing as it is. We need some better players of Championship, and not League One standard. If Poyet can't manage those to decent results in this division, then he may not be as great as we all think. Until then, hopefully we can pick up enough points from the lesser teams.

If he has a rhino hide and can put up with all the fallout from his hissy fits, then that's fine. But if as I suspect he wants everyone including the media to like him, then he needs to learn from this week and not make himself such an easy target. I imagine Bloom is mildly concerned with the assistant manager getting sent off like that.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Build Slowly and carefully and make sure we are ready for the top flight because once we get there we want to stay there.

We wont get relegated and a mid table finish will be good enough for this season, if we arent pushing for promotion in the next 3 years then Tony Bloom will take a look at the management, Tony and Gus are in this for the long term so why panic after a few months into our first season in the championship

This. Not at the game today obviously, but a defeat away at a very solid top of the league is hardly anything to get too concerned about.

I think some people have to get used to the fact that we are unlikely to be challenging at the top this season, and to realise that this is not a bad thing, it does in fact represent considerable progress.

If this squad ends up in the relegation mire then questions can be asked but I do not believe this is likely at all.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I honestly think he has total faith in Gus and what he is doing at the moment. The team/club is very much a work in progress and I'm sure Tony Bloom realises this and is prepared to back it.

I'm also certain the immature, naive, hysterical bleatings of a load of pi-polar bellends on here isn't going to change his views.

IMO like

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
People keep talking about Jan and I'm sure funds will be made avalible but it must not be overlooked that Poyet has actually spent quite a few million already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here