Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What did we learn from last night 28.08 2018

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Playing devil’s advocate here, maybe Glenn getting injured will give Locadi the run he actually needs....

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
That is not true as I posted last night that I thought that he was poor and am just maintaining my opinion. It beggars belief that CH could have considered him a better bet than Schellotto unless there are things that we dont know about ES
Thing is, some of us have commented on here how he impressed on his first showing, but for some reason you don't seem to like us disagreeing with you. From where I was sat, he looked to settle well and quickly grew into the game. He's young and learning, and seemed keen. Schellotto hasn't really lived up to my hopes. Also bear in mind CH sees them both in training day in, and day out, so knows their respective strengths and suitability for different games - and in particular, a cup game like this against PL opposition which is ideal for some of the more fringe/younger players to get some experience. I doubt many were upset at us leaving this particular cup competition. In any event, we need players who are potential cover for our key personnel to be ready to spring into action to cover injuries, suspensions, international duty, etc.. Yes, they might not be as good, or as experienced, but how do they get that experience if they aren't played in, say, a League Cup game? It certainly doesn't beggar my belief that CH picked him.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Tent well and truly up in the 'Concerned about Locadia' camp.

The player has been with us for a little while now and although he hasn't had a run in the league side, he has made some sub appearances and played in cup games. Frankly, I still haven't a clue what he is capable of. I have seen two close range tap-ins. I hear reports that he doesn't rate himself as a header of the ball ( that is useful, defensively! ) He appears to struggle playing the back-to-goal, lone striker role and if his strength is out wide, then he is competing with four others.
I can see a role for Andone, with his pace but need convincing that Locadia has something to offer, in a forward position for us. I can see what Hemed would give us but until someone puts forward a case for JL ( and please don't use the word ' potential ' ) then my tent pegs remain firmly hammered into the ground.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Locadia looked good running in behind the defence in the game at AFC Wimbledon until it came to finishing. He was making the sort of runs that Muzza doesn't. I think there will be opportunities for him against teams that play a high defensive line. Whether he takes them ....

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Playing devil’s advocate here, maybe Glenn getting injured will give Locadi the run he actually needs....

Uneasy with that suggestion.
Murray is a superb header of the ball, strong and clever. Has good positional sense and a proven goalscorer in English football. As yet, most of us don't really know the strengths of Locadia and remain unconvinced that he could be a direct replacement. He is yet to stamp any authority in any of his appearances.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uneasy with that suggestion.
Murray is a superb header of the ball, strong and clever. Has good positional sense and a proven goalscorer in English football. As yet, most of us don't really know the strengths of Locadia and remain unconvinced that he could be a direct replacement. He is yet to stamp any authority in any of his appearances.

When does he get to show us what he’s got if he doesn’t get a decent run?

I’m hanging my hat on the very good player mantle so would like him to get a run but cautious CH will not give him one unless Glenn is injured or suspended imo. I am not wishing either on Glenn btw but I am excited to see how Locadia does with a run.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Locadia looked good running in behind the defence in the game at AFC Wimbledon until it came to finishing. He was making the sort of runs that Muzza doesn't. I think there will be opportunities for him against teams that play a high defensive line. Whether he takes them ....

Yes there are many different facets to a striker's game. Locardia is not a target man.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
CH is paid to manage, motivate, lead and organise the squad

This he does very well in his own under stated way - whilst also being quietly ruthless re ongoing long term improvement of playing squad

His recent record speaks for itself. Case closed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here