What did Poyet say to the players at half time?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Think reserves and until end of contract may have come up followed by a few well placed expletives and maybe a threat of a kicking off Tarrico and Oatway

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
probably gave the defenders an extra shirt to throw into crowd at the end

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I think his words were..(or something similar)..'right you f***ing load of overpaid underachievers.. you have 45 minutes left to let me know whether you want to play for this club again, and be part of what COULD be a fantastic few years. Its totally up to you as individuals and how you feel about what you have put into this football club and how you think these amazing supporters feel about you. Now f***ing well get out there and give me, the chairman and supporters 45 minutes of football to give us just a little something, to give this club a little hope for the rest of this season.... or some of you will be playing Conference football '..
Maybe something like that !

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I think his words were..(or something similar)..'right you f***ing load of overpaid underachievers.. you have 45 minutes left to let me know whether you want to play for this club again, and be part of what COULD be a fantastic few years. Its totally up to you as individuals and how you feel about what you have put into this football club and how you think these amazing supporters feel about you. Now f***ing well get out there and give me, the chairman and supporters 45 minutes of football to give us just a little something, to give this club a little hope for the rest of this season.... or some of you will be playing Conference football '..

yep, does it for me

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Or something like:

'If you can't beat this pile of crap, then we'll all be off to Accrington and Burton next year.'

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon

Thats exactly what he said word 4 word!!!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
GP: Los hijos de Brighton… soy Gustavo Poyet.

El-Abd: Gustavo Poyet is seven feet tall. Blimey, I can understand Spanish.

GP: Sí, he oído. Mata hombres por los centenares, y si él estaba aquí, he' d consume el inglés con las bolas de fuego de sus ojos, y de los pernos del relámpago de su culo.
Soy Gustavo Poyet y veo a un ejército entero de sus paisanos, aquí en el desafío de la tiranía. You' VE viene luchar como hombres libres, y hombres libres que usted es. ¿Qué usted hará sin la libertad? ¡Usted luchará?!

AeA: Luche contra eso, no, funcionaremos, y viviremos. ¡Cristo, puedo hablar español también!

GP: Aye, lucha y usted puede morir, funcionar y you' ll vivo, por lo menos un rato. Y muriendo en sus camas, muchos años de ahora en adelante, usted estaría dispuesto a negociar todos los días a partir de este día a ése, para una ocasión, apenas una ocasión, de volverse aquí y de decir nuestros enemigos, que eso ellos puede tardar nuestras vidas, solamente they' ¡el ll nunca toma nuestra libertad!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
GP: The children of Brighton… I am Gustavo Poyet. El-Abd: Gustavo Poyet is tall seven feet. Blimey, I don't understand Spanish. GP: Yes, I have heard. Bush men by the hundreds, and if it were here, he' d consumes the English with the fireballs of its eyes, and the Rep to us of the lightning of its ass. I am Gustavo Poyet and I see a whole army of its countrymen, here in the challenge of the tyranny. You' IT SEES comes to fight like free men, and free men who you are. What you will do without the freedom? You will fight! AeA: It fights against that, no, we will work, and live. Christ, I can also speak Spanish! GP: Aye, fights and you can die, work and you' ll alive, at least awhile. And dying in his beds, many years from now on, you would be prepared to negotiate every day as of this day to that one, to an occasion, as soon as an occasion, to become and to say our enemies here, that they can take our lives, only they' ll never takes our freedom!

or something like that!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
somthing like this:[YT]YE5mEDcjM6s[/YT]

Or possibly:[YT]zg_lPJ8hHP0[/YT]

or even:[YT]im85NY4NKt4[/YT]

Last edited:

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
I reckon the half-time rant went something like this......
" Right.....if you lot carry on like this and we lose this game...then this is what you are going to do.....you are going to leave the dressing room in an orderly fashion and make your way back onto the pitch. You will then perform your warming down in front of the remaining away fans.
Oh and by the way, you will be stark bollock naked.
You will remain in your birthday suits for the coach journey back and I will see you for training at 6.00am tomorrow. "
( Poyet is a calm and reasonable man, so I don't think he would have gone into one )

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

:clap2: It worked!

We need fans to manage albion. You are... *xFactor voice* HALF TIME TEAM TALK MAN!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"Come on guys. If you win, NSC will be nice to you all. Except you Brez, and you Nav. Sorry. They just don't like you guys, but the rest of you will be given a couple of extra points on their player ratings if you turn it around. Go on! Do it for NSC!!"

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
"Come on guys. If you win, NSC will be nice to you all. Except you Brez, and you Nav. Sorry. They just don't like you guys, but the rest of you will be given a couple of extra points on their player ratings if you turn it around. Go on! Do it for NSC!!"

come on what did he really say??:wozza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports