What country in Europe would you most like to live in and why?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which country in Europe would you most like to live other than the UK?

• France

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Spain

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Germany

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Holland

• Belgium

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Denmark

• Sweden

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Norway

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Finland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poland

• Hungary

• Austria

• Italy

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Croatia

• Estonia

• Macedonia

• Russia

• Montenegro

• Macedonia

• Czech Republic

• Slovakia

• Slovenia

• Greece

• Luxemburg

• Switzerland

• San Marino

• Monaco

• Andorra

• Malta

• Republic of Ireland

• Bosnia

• Albania

• Armenia

• Azebaijan

• Belarus

• Ukraine

• Bulgaria

• Cyprus

• Georgia

• Turkey

• Moldova

• Latvia

• Lithuania

• Romania

• Leichenstien

• Iceland

• Portugal

• Serbia

• Kazakhstan

• Vatican City

• Total voters

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
ah! CS has a point,germany's beer is 2nd to none,but the food is awful

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
ah! CS has a point,germany's beer is 2nd to none,but the food is awful

Anywhere that has roasted pork knuckle as standard is alright by me!

For me, Germany - mainly for the reason above, but also the football, culture, people and beer. I can also speak ok German.

Honourable mentions to:

France, especially the area around Pau towards the Pyrenees, or the Camargue and the area around Avignon.

Spain. For the weather and beaches. Somewhere near Seville please.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Out of the countries I've visited I'd say Germany is the one I'd most like to live in, beer, culture, long holidays, good(ish) economy, not really giving a shit about the whole England v Germany "rivalry".

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ive lived in Holland (Den Haag) for quite a few years and loved it. Im a smoker, so I was bound to love it. Lived in Belgium (Brussels) for a while, loved the food. Lived in Germany for a couple of years (Frankfurt), Found Frankfurt a bit boring as its a banking center and empty at weekends. Koln a good night out. Czech Republic (Prague) Beautiful city, Crap food, cheap beer, and beautiful women (a very high percentage!)... Prague edges it...if only it was a bit warmer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
France has it all. Space, decent standard of living, skiing, hot weather in the south. Mind you, I quite like different aspects of most of West Europe - Germany, Spain, Italy, Switzerland and especially Scandinavia all have great reasons to live there, as does this country.

Thank God for the European Union, where I can move around, and to all intents and purposes, work and live where I want.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
France has it all. Space, decent standard of living, skiing, hot weather in the south. Mind you, I quite like different aspects of most of West Europe - Germany, Spain, Italy, Switzerland and especially Scandinavia all have great reasons to live there, as does this country.

Thank God for the European Union, where I can move around, and to all intents and purposes, work and live where I want.

I agree with all of this bar Switzerland. It does not strike me as a particularly interesting place to live. Nice scenery I agree, some great ski-resorts as well. But to live, it seems a bit dull to me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anywhere that has roasted pork knuckle as standard is alright by me!

Quite.

You can also amuse yourself watching the food in the supermakets change with the season.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I did once harbour plans to move to Italy - great food, great wine, great climate, hsitory, etc. But I decided I wouldn't be able to stand the frustration of all the corruption and the backhanders necessary to get even the smallest things done.

Have thought about moving to Porto as I love the place to visit. Have not really looked into the corruption aspect, but I'm sure it is there too - like anywhere in Southern Europe.

Have also considered Slovenia, but that's a bit nippy in winter.

To avoid corruption (or at least, have less of it), you need to stay in the north. Scandinavia and Eastern Europe are out, because lovely as they are in summer, they are just too damn cold and dark (in Scandinavia's case) for me in winter.

That only leaves a handful of choices - all of which have the same attributes, good beer, not corrupt (whoops, that's Belgium out as well then), and not tooo cold in winter. I think I'll stay in the Netherlands for now thanks....

Oct 25, 2003
most of these are on the basis of money being no issue

-Belgium......I could quaff on their world class beers for hours, the food is decent, the people all seemed really nice

-Sweden....women are amazing, the swedes that i've met have always seemed really cool

-Germany.........good football, good beer, nice people

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Monaco. Never been there, but if I'm ever living there, it's because I've become, seriously, filthy rich! :thumbsup:

Oct 25, 2003
Monaco. Never been there, but if I'm ever living there, it's because I've become, seriously, filthy rich! :thumbsup:

i was going to say monaco for that reason.........however i went there and it was a bit DULL

but then if you're rich as f*** you can probably find your own entertainment (coke, champagne, prostitutes)

has anyone here ever been to SAN MARINO? i've always wondered what it was like

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
i was going to say monaco for that reason.........however i went there and it was a bit DULL

As I said, I've never been, and I don't know you, let alone your financial constraints, but I'm guessing you didn't have the money to enjoy teh place to it's full. Flash restaurants, and huge yachts are a much happier places to spend your time, and if I was living in Monaco, I'm guessing I could afford to live like that. Yes please!!

Oct 25, 2003
oh without a doubt (although the non-flash restaurants were still pretty good!).....but everything seemed to shut down fairly early

so you'd need to make your own entertainment, and as you were rich as f***, that should come pretty easy

loads of celebrities to chill with as well (NOT YOU COULTHARD!!!!!!), and you could pop down to see AS Monaco in action

Gersgull

Oct 26, 2009
SW France
I live in South West France, couldn't be better. Skiing in the winter, I can watch Biarritz or Toulouse when I can get to the Amex. Foie gras & Madiran need I say more.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I lived in Germany and enjoyed living there. I have family in Denmark and love it there,good food, beautiful women and great beer. But if I had to choose it would be Italy, love the food,beautiful women,football, and it has beautiful cities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports