Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nearly finished all Jo Nesbo's 'Harry Hole' (pronounced Holeh) books. Reading 'Police' right now (time and motion permitting). Violent without being grim. Would I read the series again? Yes, I think I would. But it's not yet over.....

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Nearly finished all Jo Nesbo's 'Harry Hole' (pronounced Holeh) books. Reading 'Police' right now (time and motion permitting). Violent without being grim. Would I read the series again? Yes, I think I would. But it's not yet over.....
I've read a few of those and really enjoyed them, but now I know I was mispronouncing his name I may have to start again 😀

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've read a few of those and really enjoyed them, but now I know I was mispronouncing his name I may have to start again 😀
I should apologize for misleading you. The true pronunciation is Hoo-leh. If you're reading them in order, in the first book the Australians called him Holy. :lolol: :thumbsup:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Currently enjoying Travellers in the Third Reich by Julia Boyd.

Chronicles the rise of fascism in Germany through the eyes of everyday people. My only complaint about it is that these "everyday people" are diplomats, politicians, military personnel and well to do students. I thought it would be more from the eyes of everyday Germans at the time but it's very interesting nonetheless.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Death of an Owl - Paul Torday (But completed by his son Piers as he passed away before completing it)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
"American Dirt" by Jeanine Cummins, well worth a read.
Loved it, but I’m a sucker for any ‘Mexican’ stuff :). Very much true to the real experience of desperate Central American migrants trying to find a better life, the awful journeys on La Bestia et al.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's Not About The Tapas - Polly Evans

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Absorbed by this audiobook.

Well connected early days and highly motivated, Piller expalins how he set out on his Mod journey. The early DJ trip to Ireland as a youngster whilst in the TA was almost jaw dropping.

Fantastic, an essential read for anyone into Mod / Acid jazz.

clean-living-under-difficult-circumstances-4.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mirror To Damascus - Colin Thubron

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Consul's File - Paul Theroux

Beach Hut