[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Does he know how to fire a Silver Bullet?

The God Delusion - By Richard Dawkins.

-------!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!--------

God isn't real apparently.

I got that at the same time as the other book (mentioned above). I never find Dawkins easy to read though. Even harder to listen to on TV. I opened the book at a random page and it was just as indigestible as his other books.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Going to sea in a sieve. Danny Baker's first volume of three of his memoirs.

I love Danny Baker's radio shows, tv appearances and everything.

But I can't help feeling he's a bit up himself by planning to publish three books about his life.
That said, halfway through the first book, and it is pretty good (if rather up himself - which I suppose you would be if you were writing your auto biography)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will read Reckless and that Andrew McCathy book to start this year

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Reading The Secret Footballer, brilliant, a few posters on here could do with reading it, especially the chapter on tactics.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
another history tome
1066-1485
might seem a little boring but I do have to read it in short bursts to let some of it sink in and some of it is a tad complicated ...there was rather a lot of evil bastards around then and it difficult keeping up with who killed who and why.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
1365........Bernard Cornwell. Third or forth in a series written with a background of the wars in France. Knights and English Archers leading to the battle of Potiers, the lesser known one after Crecy. Standard Cornwell adventures written around factual history. Makes you want to buy a Longbow!

would not have wanted to be around then , must have been heart stopping
think I would have liked a crossbow if I had been around then or maybe an uzi (s) might have been more effective

HAPPY NEW YEAR MATE

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Working my way through the Wheel of Time

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Started to read Catch 22 last week and nearly finished it. Second time I have read it. Got a shit load of book gift cards so will be buying something to replace fairly soon.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Mien Kampf by Adolph Hitler

Sane! Read it once before a few years ago. Hard to get your head around I find as obviously the book doesn't really flow or follow through in any kind of structure. But always intrigues me to try and just understand how he could be so f***ed up, what he was thinking etc. Not a bit of light reading though!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Everyone says that but I didn't have a clue. I must be a bit thick.

Neither did I, so I must be too.

I am reading The Appeal by mr Grisham, damn good yarn but probably predictable in how it will end.

I spent a lot of 2012 reading the 9 Jason Bourne books, mostly very good. Sadly, book 10 isn't out on paperback until may. Book 11 is due for release in November apparently.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
would not have wanted to be around then , must have been heart stopping
think I would have liked a crossbow if I had been around then or maybe an uzi (s) might have been more effective

HAPPY NEW YEAR MATE

A good one to you too Glas. At the moment I am reading, 1000 years of annoying the French. By Stephen Clarke. It's teaching me a lot of French History in a humorous way.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Neither did I, so I must be too.

I am reading The Appeal by mr Grisham, damn good yarn but probably predictable in how it will end.

I spent a lot of 2012 reading the 9 Jason Bourne books, mostly very good. Sadly, book 10 isn't out on paperback until may. Book 11 is due for release in November apparently.

Racketeer was the first Grisham I'd read. Just finished The Firm and am about to start Bourne Identity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports