Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I am bringing a Golden Retriever into our family at the end of this month so am reading Cesar's Way, the book by Cesar Millan of Dog Whisperer fame on the National Geographic channel. Very interesting and informative book. Also reading the RSPCA New Complete Dog Training Manual by Dr. Bruce Fogle

Read Marley and Me - it's brilliant.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Read Marley and Me - it's brilliant.

I saw the movie and loved it. Thankfully having watched and carefully absorbed the information in the Dog Whisperer and the books, I know my dog will be nothing like that (at least I hope it won't be if I follow Bruce and Cesar's instructions)

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I saw the movie and loved it. Thankfully having watched and carefully absorbed the information in the Dog Whisperer and the books, I know my dog will be nothing like that (at least I hope it won't be if I follow Bruce and Cesar's instructions)

The movie is great, the book is as good, if not, better :)

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Really can't go wrong with Murakami. Unless you read The Wind-up Bird Chronicles which I found soul-destroyingly self-pitying. Other than that, he's spot on.

Just on my third Murakami novel Norwegian Wood after reading Kafka on the shore and then Wind-up Bird Chronicles. Weird but hard to put down.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Just finished "Call the Midwife" - superbly written book, very interesting insight into the realms of nursing / midwifery in the 40s / 50s. Amazing to see quite how much society, nursing, and even the landscape of the East of London has changed in a relatively small amount of time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just started this little beauty. Tales of greed, vanity and stupidity in equal measure. RBS feature heavily.

Hancock-Matthew1.jpg

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Recently finished
* Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson : knew most of it already but still really enjoyed it , total arsehole but very creative man and I thank him for it.
* Brilliant Orange :The Neurotic Genius of Dutch Football : again knew alot about the history but worth a read to jog the memory
*The last of the rock and roll romantics : Biography of Pete Doherty , interesting to see the people who can help him helping destroy him , came out feeling bad for him
* Jimmy Greaves Autobiography : this has been my backup book for years , so glad to finally finish it and makes me jealous of those who saw him in his prime

currently reading
*The Elephant to Hollywood : Michael Caines autobiography , halfway through and would recommend to anyone.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Ian Rankin Doors Open

Not really up to the Rebus series but its ok

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Luckily finished Call the Midwife just before it appeared on TV (Have recorded the series and not watched it yet)

Moved on to the The Shadow Of The Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon which I am getting right into at the moment and once that finsihed will be starting The Gril who played with Fire by Stieg Larsson (also got the third one in the series lined up)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here