Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm ploughing through the entire series of Jack Reacher books by Lee Child. Currently on Without Fail.

This is the only one I haven't read in less than a week. Don't know why, but it hasn't appealed as much as he others.

For anyone who likes action thrillers, I would recommend Lee Child's Reacher series

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
showImg.php

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Currently reading Peter James, Dead Tommorow. Book 5 in the Roy Grace series.

When have got to the latest think will start reading some of the Jack Reacher books by Lee Childs,

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm ploughing through the entire series of Jack Reacher books by Lee Child. Currently on Without Fail.

This is the only one I haven't read in less than a week. Don't know why, but it hasn't appealed as much as he others.

For anyone who likes action thrillers, I would recommend Lee Child's Reacher series

The Visitor was my favourite - what about yours?

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
D-Day by Antony Beevor. Not as good (so far) as Stalingrad or Berlin but excellent all the same.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
A classic. I read this earlier in the year as part of me degree, a finer monograph on the Spanish Civil War there isn't.

Agreed, I am just passing page 800 :cool: It's been on my shelf for a couple of years, ever since I read Homage To Catalonia I wanted to read about the whole shooting match from start to finish.

I have just started:
leninabiography_service_pb.jpg

I read his book about Trotsky, it was good in that it wasn't hagiographic but quite critical of the man behind the Trotsky myth, what you'd expect from a non-Red historian, a very good writer Service is

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Having just finished Shaun Ryder's exquisite autobiography, I am no launching myself into Magnificent Desolation - Buzz Aldrin's tale of his trip to the moon and back - the 'back' being his descent into alcoholism and depression. One small drink for mankind, one giant whiskey problem for Buzz.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just finishing the Odysey and about to start The Illiad - homer.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just started this:

0809faulks.jpg

First thing I have read by the author, only a chapter in but it seems pretty good so far!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
A right good 'un. One of the books I was asked to read twice in university -- once by a professor of history, about the Spanish Civil War, and once by another professor of history, teaching historiography, and wanting us to see history done right.

Sitting across the den from a copy of the first post-Franco (IIRC 1980) edition. Somewhere doubtless there are history undergrads going at it in an alley behind a tip with the necks of beer bottles shouting "Beevor!" "Thomas!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here