What beer should be on tap at the Amex.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
Hopefully not Carlsberg or Carling.
Budweiser and Amstel with a cheeky Patricia a uruguayan beer. (Never tasted it but it should keep Gus happy)

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Dark Star APA.

If not, I'm supporting someone else.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'd imagine it'll be a choice of commercial beers & strongbow. Would be nice to think they'd have a couple of local brewerys too.

I can't tell you how much i'm looking forward to drinking in the stadium.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Soft drinks only really, stop any aggro and fighting, with people drinking it will only make them violent.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Whatever beer it will be, what do we reckon, £4 a pint????

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Harvey's obviously, as a "Harvey Smith" to the Lewes gentlefolk.

And for German beer I reckon Becks is as good as anything, brewed under the Reinheitsgebot so not full of wife-beater type chemicals designed to mess your brain up.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Soft drinks only really, stop any aggro and fighting, with people drinking it will only make them violent.

Real Ale doesn't make people get aggressive, it usually makes them a bit loud (Ideal for a football match) then with more makes them go to sleep. I worked at CAMRA GBBF at Olympia/Earls Court for 15 years and I never saw a beer-fight caused by real ale. Some idiots who were already tanked up from drinking the polluted stuff available elsewhere would occasionally come in and get a bit argumentative, but I don't think we had to call the police more than a couple of times over the years, for crowds of up to 60,000.

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
Becks is a good shout. I think £4 will be about right for the price. Better make sure you buy a return train ticket and not rely on having spare change for the ticket on the way out. lol

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Dark Star Hophead and Harveys Best. After that I'm not too bothered on the alcohol side of things. Maybe a decent lager or two wouldn't go amiss!

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Real Ale doesn't make people get aggressive, it usually makes them a bit loud (Ideal for a football match) then with more makes them go to sleep. I worked at CAMRA GBBF at Olympia/Earls Court for 15 years and I never saw a beer-fight caused by real ale. Some idiots who were already tanked up from drinking the polluted stuff available elsewhere would occasionally come in and get a bit argumentative, but I don't think we had to call the police more than a couple of times over the years, for crowds of up to 60,000.

How many football grounds have been to (and everyone else thats suggested Harveys or Dark Star or whatever) where they have a local brewarys bitter on hand pump for sale?!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
How many football grounds have been to (and everyone else thats suggested Harveys or Dark Star or whatever) where they have a local brewarys bitter on hand pump for sale?!

Brentford they don't need to, a pub with Real Ale on all four corners as is well-known. I've only drunk in two of them so far though (that I remember...)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would expect the standard Foster, Carling or Carlsberg which ever brewer gets the contract and whatever is their ale if they deem it viable to have real ale other wise we shall finish up with John Smths Smooth, Tetley Smooth or Boddingtons or some other keg beer. Because of the location, unfortunately Harveys is a possibility, but wouldnt expect the likes of Dark Star to get a look in as I dont think they will be able to compete with tendering price that the big companies can. I would like to see London Pride but wont build my hopes up because if they do not supply Brentford, on their doorstep there is not a lot of hope for them supplying us. I would think the favourite must be Coors with their Carling and Becks Vier.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports