Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are your cats/ dogs called, please?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
My Border Terrier is called Todger.
Never fails to raise laughs when I call him in the park and when the vet calls his name the waiting room falls apart with giggles.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I used to have a cat called Eric due to being a Python fan (I never did get a licence for him, though).

Currently, we have Tilak, named after an Australian waiter in France, Tika, named from an Indian menu and Milton, who was born in the warehouse of the production plant of the sterilising tablets.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Entrusted kitten christening to my (then) 5 year-old who trawled the depths of his imagination to come up with Brownberry for the brown Siamese mix and Blackberry for the -- well -- black one. We're just down to the ageing "Brownie" now but the next one will definitely be North Stand Cat. Well played Harty and thanks -- sheer brilliance.

Once Reggie the chocolate lab goes to the food dish in the sky the next one has to be The Nawab of Pataudi (patoodie for short).

Forget all the footy stuff -- clearly, inspirational pet names is what this site is best at. :thumbsup:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Cats...

Chester
Widgit
Boris
Oscar
Lucia
Shiva
Derry

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Looking for inspiration. No prospective pet of mine is getting some stupid animal name like Rover or Tibbles or Sooty etc. I need a proper name (and possibly a laugh in the process). Please assist. Thanks.
I've had dogs called gizmo, bouncer and Harley (cos he was David's son) geddit?
I've had an iguana called fidget, cos the bloody thing NEVER moved.
My goldfish is called Harry the b*****d.
I think you should call your cat/dog syndrome, that way if it gets up on the sofa you can shout 'down syndrome'

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
When I was growing up we had a black cat called Gugh, named after the Scilly Isle where my mother rescued it on her honeymoon.

The whole litter has been put in a bag and were just about to be thrown in the sea to drown.

We also had a white cat called Omo, something to do with a washing powder that I believe is no longer made.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Our lab collie cross is called Happy.
He was a rescue dog and that what the rescue centre called him and saw no reason to change it :)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My parents were hopeless at pet naming, so their two cats were called Three and Six, which is how much they paid for them.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Cat called Adolph :smile:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cat called Ava