Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What are our left back options now?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Calderon is without question the first choice with the current injuries, my big concern with him though is the busy Xmas schedule and whether he is physically able to manage that.

Had an interesting conversation with a guy after the game yesterday who rates Goldson in the full back position so this could be an interesting option, I believe he impressed there for Shrewsbury at times last season.

In terms of Chicksen I think he hasn't overly impressed when he's been loaned out and simply isn't in the bosses plans, shame because I thought he would be a good addition when signing.

From the little I've seen of Goldson, he's excellent. For someone his age, his appearances, etc suggest as much. It was indicated when he signed that he has played -- and can play -- at either CB or RB. Playing him at RB and Bruno at LB might be an option, particularly when/if the schedule gets too much for Calde -- difficult to believe that when typing about the infectious/enthusiastic one -- or he gets injured too :eek:. Chicksen can always fill in at LB. He might rise to it. You never know.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know as it's not happened for Chicksen by now it never will, c'est la vie.

But my main memory of him playing was defending against 2 possibly 3 Hull players, in the cup, while Kaz spent the game sat 30 yards up the pitch with his arms spread wide.

He didn't do too badly, considering.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On CH saying Thursday they are still working on a left back where could there be one out of contract, UK, USA, Middle East, Far East, Australia where can he look?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
contrary to what many on here would have you believe I have just heard that Ashley Cole was suggested to CH but he is not technically a free agent so cannot be signed. Must look again it seems.

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
contreary o what would have you believe I have just heard that CH tried for Ashley Cole but something to do with the timing of his termination with Roma he is not technically a free agent so cannot be signed. Must look again it seems.

No he didn't BG.............You misunderstood my message. He never tried to sign Ashley Cole at all.........I suggested Ashley Cole to him and was told that Ashley is not a free Agent.........my god.........that's the last I tell anyone anything on here

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No he didn't BG.............You misunderstood my message. He never tried to sign Ashley Cole at all.........I suggested Ashley Cole to him and was told that Ashley is not a free Agent.........my god.........that's the last I tell anyone anything on here

Big LOL. Post edited, after being quoted (@BG's, not yours)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

To be honest there isn't a single person left on this board who takes BG seriously.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
To be honest there isn't a single person left on this board who takes BG seriously.

To be fair, though, he was absolutely spot on with his exclusive scoops that LuaLua had joined us on a three-year loan and that Tony Bloom is just a front man for a bunch of Arab businessmen.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be fair, though, he was absolutely spot on with his exclusive scoops that LuaLua had joined us on a three-year loan and that Tony Bloom is just a front man for a bunch of Arab businessmen.
Oh shite - we're owned by ISIS, aren't we?

Oh well, the half time 'entertainment' could soon be very 'different'...............

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Guilty as charged I must admit I WAS in the past prone to posting 'facts' to cause controversy and discussion but those days are now gone, I cant be bothered anymore. There will no doubt be other examples forthcoming at some time in the future.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well the club could well be searching the world for a free agent, and maybe they already had a contingency target in mind anyway?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here