WHAT about JakeY!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Rougvie said:
Spot on, its starting to turn into the predictability it can often be with a player who is extremely lightweight, DO kids himself that another top flight club will come in for him, when I have seen him this season outwith the first team this season has hardly been awe inspiring, and particularly his lack of ability to hold defenders off is not promising, this has also been pointed out on an Aldershot forum, maybe he will improve, but time is running out on him to 'bulk out' he certainly hasnt appeared to have over the last year or so.

Fans of any club soon get tired of a striker who spends more time on the ground than on his feet:jester:

I think the other problem is he is not ligthening fast. Someone like Owen and to an extent Knight have got round their lack of stature by being very quick. Robinson is fast, but he just seems to lack that extra yard to get past defenders and this could be a problem. I do hope I am wrong as it would be nice to have a striker come through the ranks and do something other than break the County League scoring record. However I think due to this board he has been talked up into something that he might not be.

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
Aldershot have offered Jonny Dixon a 2 year contract if they get promoted. He has been there twice on loan and scored a hatful. Wycome are onyl offering him a years extension but he wants to play in the league. I don't think they will be making an offer for Jake on that basis, and I'm sure they know that he is in Mghees longterm plans.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
D.O you kind of hope that any player with Championship potential would look very good against VERY bad opposition.

Like I said, its great hes getting competitive experience and if he bulks out a bit hell come good with us when hes ready.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
As they say: If you're good enough, you're old enough!"
How old was Michael Owen when he was playing regularly for England and Liverpool - and was his physical build that much different from Jakey's now?

E

enigma

He might be really good but in realiity noones seen him enough to say.Loan him out, get him some games and maybe play him athe end of this season if we are safe.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
whatever happens lets just make sure we keep him, i know jake personally and of course he is desperate for a few games to impress in the 1st team, lets hope mcghee gives him them sooner rather than later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports