• Two points gained

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • No points gained

Votes: 14 5.6%

• Total voters

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just waiting for VAR to award Southampton a penalty once our team coach has left the car park...

You sir are a seasoned veteran and no mistake!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Credit to Potter. There is no doubt that he has shown enough this season to indicate he has incredible potential as a manager.
I'd say in 2021 he has got a lot more right than wrong.

Really hope we have a positive summer in terms of culling the guff and getting in some quality and can really push on next season.

[emoji106]

D

Deleted member 2719

He's very good with facial and other language that says what a bloody stupid question without actually saying so.

I agree, those media types are pretty poor in general questioning and they deserve a bit of a snigger. Hope he calls one out one day like he did the ref.:lolol:

Potter is way too professional here and could learn a thing or two from Dunky!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just magnificent! I can’t put into words what a win against that lot means to be!

So proud of Potter and the players, a totally deserved win. And a bit of justification for those of us who have continued to support him [emoji106]

Living in that part of the world, I thought you’d be especially ecstatic.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Don’t know why everyone’s celebrating? We lost the xG today.

Southampton (1.03) 1-2 (0.97) Brighton

3 massive xG points dropped.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove

This is the secret to our success, Potter take note.

Also, should ask if we can change the Newcastle match to an away game, statistically we’ll have a better chance of coming away with all three points then :thumbsup::whistle:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It's a funny old game full of funny old fans on funny old forums, just a few hours ago we were staring at relegation now I for one is looking how far up the table we could manage before the season ends

Yup. Lose to Newcastle, Fulham beat Leeds, and 3 games against Man U, Everton, and Chelsea, and we shall all be committing hari-kari.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Newcastle will in theory be harder. We will probably have a lot more possession than today and Newcastle will be happy with sitting back and hoping for a point or doing a Palace. We have done far better this season when we have less possession.
Yes! I'm already worrying about next week and not enjoying this one enough!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Newcastle will in theory be harder. We will probably have a lot more possession than today and Newcastle will be happy with sitting back and hoping for a point or doing a Palace. We have done far better this season when we have less possession. Yes! I'm already worrying about next week and not enjoying this one enough!!

I agree with your analysis. Newcastle will probably score every big chance they get but I think we’ll limit them to one or maybe two.

However, we’ll create a number of big chances as we always do. I had this down as a 1-1 but with Tross and Lallana finding some confidence in front of goal now, it might be the match where we take all our chances. Don’t underestimate the affect the Fulham v Leeds match will have on this fixture the night before.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

We get one xG point for a 1.03-0.97 “draw”.

First time this season we’ve got more real points than xG points from a game. Very, very long overdue - obviously.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Newcastle will in theory be harder. We will probably have a lot more possession than today and Newcastle will be happy with sitting back and hoping for a point or doing a Palace. We have done far better this season when we have less possession.

Results wise I agree with you, but we probably converted 2 more difficult chances today than we had vs Villa, West Brom, Fulham, Palace. So while there is this theory we do better with less of the ball, that is somewhat skewed by us simply taking chances today rather than missing them all.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I said on another thread after our WBA defeat that ‘ lesser’ teams just pack their penalty area, and we don’t have the nous to score.
But, we now have Lallana and Welbeck fit, and firing, and that gives us a little bit of clever in the box.
Hopefully, this will be enough on Saturday night.

P.S. Can you imagine what the atmosphere for this game would be if we were all back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here