Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What a team

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
It's like a dream.

Our team is ridiculously good. Our manager is ridiculously good. It's looking increasingly likely we'll qualify for Europe.

Caicedo and Mac Allister, possibly world class players, have recently signed new contracts with us.

And look at the young talent today. Enciso, Ferguson, Buonanotte, Sarmiento.

What this club is doing is absolutely sensational.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
At the beginning of the week, I started to get those "have we reached the peak?" thoughts.
I was worried we might slope out of the FA Cup like we did to Charlton, following a couple of disappointing League results, which will make it a little harder for us to get to Europe.
Then if Mac and Moises were to leave in the Summer, would this be as good as we get

Now, however... Potential to get to Cup Semi, Moises signing new contract, and battering West Ham, I now believe anything is possible.
And one way or another I am convinced we will be in Europe next year.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We could still finish 4th and win the FA Cup.

If we did that, it would be a season only bettered by Leicester's title win season in terms of expectations for a provincial club.
Back in the day I’d have a boring, pragmatic view thinking it unlikely on both counts. I’ve learnt to stop worrying and just enjoy these incredible heights and dream big.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sarmiento has all the potential in the world, I think he's going to be one hell of a player in a year or two's time - this team is absolutely extraordinary.
Just hope he can stay fit. Need to improve his decision making a little bit but overall I agree that he looks very exciting.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There was some astonishingly great play in the second half. Gross, MacA and others stopping dead (seemingly slowing things down), but intuitively laying the ball off for team mates flying in on goal.

Evoking a picture for me of Jairzinho laying the ball off for Carlos Alberto :lolol:. And I’m sober!

The West Ham centre midfield and CB’s were powerless to do anything, apart from some hacking down.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We were just so comfortable in that game, subbed Solly and Pervis off after 70 mins as they were coming back from injury and gave Mitoma and Ferguson a rest a bit later too. It was a case of name how many goals we wanted to score, total cruise control, sublime stuff.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Started the week with a nasty bug, lost my voice

Thought Stoke was a particularly nasty looking banana skin

Watched the QF draw and was convinced we'd come out after one of the Manchester clubs that were drawn at home in the 1st 2 ties

Never thought for a moment Caicedo would sign a new contract

Was sure Danny Ings would cast his spell again today

Have recovered well 😉

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Utterly brilliant second half. Looked like scoring in every attack and won the ball back as soon as they got it constantly. Brilliant!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
There was some astonishingly great play in the second half. Gross, MacA and others stopping dead (seemingly slowing things down), but intuitively laying the ball off for team mates flying in on goal.

Evoking a picture for me of Jairzinho laying the ball off for Carlos Alberto :lolol:. And I’m sober!

The West Ham centre midfield and CB’s were powerless to do anything, apart from some hacking down.
Jairzinho played it to Pele who laid it off for Carlos Alberto.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here