Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a save!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No mistake there, it took a slight deflection off Rosenior so he did all he could.

Absolutely this. Stockdale was cued up perfectly well for that shot, till it ricocheted off Rosenior, which was enough to have him ever so slightly out of position & having to desperately readjust, mid-movement.

Nothing he could have done about it at all.

Thought if there were any goalkeeping errors in that game, they were all TK's. Even Zamora's goal: he dives for the first shot at a weird angle.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Huge fan of stockers. Massive in fact but feel the first was his fault. But the save at the end class. Not only the save but he kept hold of it. Love the guy. Sign him up for longer CH.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think he's settled at the club, he finally looks like the keeper we all though we signed in Summer '14.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Superb. Probably our most influential player this season

You know what, this is unreal that we're in this position. What you say is possibly true but then you could say the same for Bruno / Kayal / Stephens - and then you've got LuaLua / Zamora / Hemed / March / Murphy / Hune / Rosenior / Greer / Dunk in fact pretty much everyone who have also been hugely influential in spells. I think most of us recognise just how much we should be enjoying this :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely this. Stockdale was cued up perfectly well for that shot, till it ricocheted off Rosenior, which was enough to have him ever so slightly out of position & having to desperately readjust, mid-movement.

Nothing he could have done about it at all.

Thought if there were any goalkeeping errors in that game, they were all TK's. Even Zamora's goal: he dives for the first shot at a weird angle.
I didn't think the replay showed a deflection (could be wrong though) but it certainly dipped and was hit hard so not blaming him at all. It hit the side of his hand as a result and happened to fall straight to their bloke when there were 4 defenders and 1 striker there. I file it under unlucky. Must say all 3 goals today carried an element of luck the way they fell to the scorer..

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Yep - came off him at a strange angle and was just bad luck. 9 times out of 10, that goes for a corner as he is diving left. A deflection, wind or something just made it that it ricocheted right instead of left. If a top flight keeper tells me it is a mistake then I might listen but not when it is just a couple of randoms.

Top-Gun-Sequel-Tom-Cruise.jpg

"It should have been saved by Stockdale."

Top Flight Keeper?? Or Top Gun Sleeper??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here