Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What a difference in one season to the next

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Apologies if already mentioned but it only just dawned on me we have reached the magic 42 points with 8 games to spare with an FA Cup semifinal and hopefully a final to follow, very much in the hunt for a European place next season.

What a difference a season makes where last season a great start was followed by a dire middle part of the season to this year were consistency has cemented our position in the top flight.

All this and we have had to cope with a change of manager, new set of coaches, loosing major figures of the scouting and recruitment team plus loosing three important members of the team absolutely incredible we are witnessing a very special team and hopefully the best finishing season ever UTA

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Apologies if already mentioned but it only just dawned on me we have reached the magic 42 points with 8 games to spare with an FA Cup semifinal and hopefully a final to follow, very much in the hunt for a European place next season.

What a difference a season makes where last season a great start was followed by a dire middle part of the season to this year were consistency has cemented our position in the top flight.

All this and we have had to cope with a change of manager, new set of coaches, loosing major figures of the scouting and recruitment team plus loosing three important members of the team absolutely incredible we are witnessing a very special team and hopefully the best finishing season ever UTA
Ahem, 13.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

To me it is RDZ. He has chnged the mentality not only of the players, but the club including the fans. Not in to arrogant arses, but belief that we belong along with the elite of the premier league and on our day we will give anyone a game. Why should we not dream of Europe or winning a cup.

His comment after the game yesterday, someting like "we will not go to Wembley as a tourist, we will go to win" sums it up for me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

We're coming up to a calendar year of footballing excellence. If you take that moment it all clicked after the Norwich draw, we are from 02 April 2022 to now:
P34 W17 D8 L8 pts 60. GF 62, 1.82 goals per game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Losing four important members of the team. Bissouma, Cucurella, Mwepu, and Trossard.
Apart from that agree with every word. Not only have we weathered the storms, but surged through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here