Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

`Wetter than an otter's pocket`

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
As used by the deliciously naive BBC Breakfast weather presenter Carol Kirkwood this week. Apparently sent in by a helpful viewer to explain the weather `oop north` (as opposed to down south!)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As used by the deliciously naive BBC Breakfast weather presenter Carol Kirkwood this week. Apparently sent in by a helpful viewer to explain the weather `oop north` (as opposed to down south!)
Did she really use that phrase in a weather context?

That is hilarious. :lolol:

In fact, that is the second funniest thing I've heard today, beaten only by Prince Mohammed Buzzer's tale about being in the Ukraine recently and going for a meal where they had translated on the menu the words 'smoked chicken' as "hen with cigarettes".

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008

In fact, that is the second funniest thing I've heard today, beaten only by Prince Mohammed Buzzer's tale about being in the Ukraine recently and going for a meal where they had translated on the menu the words 'smoked chicken' as "hen with cigarettes".

:lolol:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham

She really did: I'm sure someone smart can drum up a link :lol:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
During Wimbledon on that high brow discussion based show 'Loose Women', the panelists were discussing tennis (it was 'on in the background' when I was doing something else honestly!).

Kate Thornton declared something along the lines of that she 'couldnt be doing with/ understand all this love deuce stuff'.

The rest of the HRT circle cracked up and she couldnt understand why.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Carol's lovely, she's so homely and sweet, but as I said on another thread yesterday, when it comes to weather girls we are treated to the gorgeous Wendy Hurrell on BBC London... feast yer minces on this cutey.

wh1.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here