Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Wetherspoon’s selling The Clftonville, Hove

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Wickham, Kimber & Oakley's TV, Radio and Radiogram shop was approximately in that area in the early 1960s with their record shop on the other side of the road where I bought all my original 10 inch and 12inch LPs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll miss it a bit. Walking past at 9am and seeing all the tattood, twitching, snaggle-toothed professional drinking wretches already tucking into their second pint of Fosters waiting for Ladbrokes to open felt very....British. Its a part of our culture.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Times past, before south George Street evolved into a revellers quarter.

50A5A482-41CD-4B57-AB80-4B44B785A293.png

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
utter hole, the haunt of choice for street drinking classes when they need a dump

Haven't set foot in there since about the late 1980's when l decamped off the train from London when travelling down to the Goldstone for evening games.

Whilst it wasn't the most salubrious of establishments back then, l certainly wouldn't describe it as a dump.

Blinkers

Jul 8, 2020
Judging by shadows, sun to the East, no traffic/pedestrians, everything shut, probably 8am Sunday morning

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Hopefully this will mean the rumours that's they were planning on opening a pub in Lewes are the BS I assumed they were

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Haven't set foot in there since about the late 1980's when l decamped off the train from London when travelling down to the Goldstone for evening games.

Whilst it wasn't the most salubrious of establishments back then, l certainly wouldn't describe it as a dump.

Sure you got the right pub? it is a long walk from the station to the bottom of George Street, even the Eclipse would be nearer, probably the Portland, the Sackville could be almost on the way , not to mention the boozer right outside the station .

Hopefully they will close them all down , mainly attract older alcoholics & young ones with no shame.

In fairness the two that I very occasionally frequent are fine and good value but then I am going there daylight hours. Daughters are regulars in the local 'Spoons and they consider a safe place and good vfm.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There are very few pubs like the ones I grew up in left now
Some of the new micro pubs are refusing to serve the local psychopaths……..and they don’t have fruit machines either.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
It's all very well people calling it a dump, but some of us can't afford £4.50 + a pint. I had 4 drinks and 2 packets of crisps in there at the weekend, and had change from a tenner.
Incidentally, there were a lot of under 25s in there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here