Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Western road murder

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think they do no such thing. You can't start an investigation like that. You'l just end up making the evidence fit your theory rather than the other way around.
I did say the defence would be either manslaughter or unlawful killing the, the police will initially arrest and possibly charge the person with murder and try to get the evidence to support that charge.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I did say the defence would be either manslaughter or unlawful killing the, the police will initially arrest and possibly charge the person with murder and try to get the evidence to support that charge.

I think we'll both be put straight on procedure straight from the source soon so I'm going to bow out of this thread. The poor bloke isn't dead a day yet.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Who says he was pushed? Maybe wait and see what if any charges are brought before listening what a paper has to say. Police have made an arrest for a reason but they are not always correct!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Suspicion of murder. The police have to ring for advice on the charge, except for traffic and minor theft/drugcharges. There are duty lawyers 24/7.

The arrest will be on a suspicion of murder, the defence, as I said, will be that it wasnt murder and push for a possible lesser charge. That is when the lawyers come into play I would think.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Our Warburtons delivery driver said there was definitely a weapon at the scene, which could be why it's a murder investigation?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The arrest will be on a suspicion of murder, the defence, as I said, will be that it wasnt murder and push for a possible lesser charge. That is when the lawyers come into play I would think.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. The charge will be decided by a lawyer. Buzzer is right. It's not the time or the place to speculate.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think we'll both be put straight on procedure straight from the source soon so I'm going to bow out of this thread. The poor bloke isn't dead a day yet.

I was talking in general terms not specific to this case as obviously anybody arrested would say they didnt meean to do it as in rape cases the accused always say it was consensual sex.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My mother always wanted me to be a barrister and while a publican was going to go to Law College but decided against it thinking who would employ a newly qualified 55 year old solicitor but I have always kept a keen interest and my immediate reaction in anything is ' how can I get off this' or avoid paying this.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
my immediate reaction in anything is ' how can I get off this' or avoid paying this.

For goodness sake matey, do you really think that's an appropriate thing to say bearing in mind that it's inevitable that people who post on here will know the poor chap?

Please, stop posting.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

That's not how it works at all. You charge with what evidence you have. In this case I suspect very very little and will result in a bail. And guessing at someone's defence without knowing all the facts is pointless.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
As already stated in the article - who the **** goes on a stag do with a Stanley knife?

There are some absolute scumbags in the world.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's not how it works at all. You charge with what evidence you have. In this case I suspect very very little and will result in a bail. And guessing at someone's defence without knowing all the facts is pointless.

I wouldnt argue but if I was arrested for a simillat offense my immediate reaction would be its not murder I didnt mean to do it was an accident.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here