Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Upper closing at 17:30

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can you have a word about the fires in Hawaii too?
Not sure whether i am being whooshed here…but yesterday i ended up a couple of yards from the ramp leading to the platform …either that or face several cuts from brambles in an attempt to use the railings closer to the existing bike racks….a very small investment in the gap between the existing racks and the ramp would solve the issue…and yesterday isn’t a one of…..shrug.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not sure whether i am being whooshed here…but yesterday i ended up a couple of yards from the ramp leading to the platform …either that or face several cuts from brambles in an attempt to use the railings closer to the existing bike racks….a very small investment in the gap between the existing racks and the ramp would solve the issue…and yesterday isn’t a one of…..shrug.
Not whooshed at all. Just taking the pee out of people drawing false equivalence between justifiable comments about our match day experience on a football forum and natural disasters. It’s possible to be irritated by one and sad about the other simultaneously.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree with earlier commenst that the kids serving in WSU could do with an old head watching over staff, stock levels and guiding the ship.

The kids serving weren't slacking, and having a screen to watch the game whilst queueing makes the experience much better.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not whooshed at all. Just taking the pee out of people drawing false equivalence between justifiable comments about our match day experience on a football forum and natural disasters. It’s possible to be irritated by one and sad about the other simultaneously.
👍

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Possibly but the ones in WSU seemed to know what they were doing just didn't seem that happy to be there ! The guy that served us took half his serving time just taking the two bottle tops off ..... hmmmmm.

Saw similar in the NS. Very, very laid back staff spending minutes with each customer. Is it the cannabis gen? :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, I was struck by the lack of leadership too. You’d think that every outlet would have someone with a bit of authority to gee them up a bit. I ordered a pie. As it was handed to me, I asked for a serviette as there were none on the counter. She then went off round the back and started asking people, and ripping open random boxes to try and find some — to the exasperation of people behind me in the queue. For the rest of the day I was conscious of being pointed at by the angry mob: "There he is! The bastard who asked for a serviette."
Serviettes are ALWAYS on the shelves with the ketchup and stuff, not surprised everyone was angry with you :laugh:

Saw the same in the NS, their moment of glory.

As as aside, I went for a loo visit 10 minutes into the second half, the NS concourse was a third or more full. Very happy punters boozing. Confirming masses go to games more for the craic.
Chap next to us departed at half time and never returned.

On a positive note this was my first match post covid 29th Feb 2020. Left it very late to get tickets, found 2 on line and discovered they were 2/3 up on the East stand looking right down the half way line.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A friend’s daughter works in a kiosk at the Amex. Apparently Sodexo are obsessed with trying to minimise waste (and thus maximise profit) and the managers are encouraged not to cook too much food in case it gets thrown away. Any shortages of food are usually down to a manager being worried they’ll get in trouble by prepping too much which isn’t sold.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Chap next to us departed at half time and never returned.

On a positive note this was my first match post covid 29th Feb 2020. Left it very late to get tickets, found 2 on line and discovered they were 2/3 up on the East stand looking right down the half way line.

And a good win to watch :ascarf:

Did you give it miss all that time, due to fears over the virus?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A friend’s daughter works in a kiosk at the Amex. Apparently Sodexo are obsessed with trying to minimise waste (and thus maximise profit) and the managers are encouraged not to cook too much food in case it gets thrown away. Any shortages of food are usually down to a manager being worried they’ll get in trouble by prepping too much which isn’t sold.

Aren't they on a fixed price contract?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All I feel I end up doing on a matchday is queuing for something I don't end up getting. Be it transport or catering.

Its getting REALLY f*cking old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here