Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

west street firm

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Great (and bad) memories. I was never involved with WSF but knew quite a few who were. My worst incident was when we played Southampton in 1982 (I think), I would have been 22/23 then. Quite a few of us were out on the Saturday evening and just happened to walk right into a mob of them at the corner of West St/North St. Before I knew it I took a full punch right on my nose and ended up on the deck getting a good kicking as I curled up in a ball. Apparently a right old brawl continued until the police broke it up. At the hospital there was me and five of my mates separated by the OB with four of the Southampton blokes all of us covered in blood.

I remember going back up to the corner on Sunday morning and looking at all the claret on the pavement.

I had two black eyes for a month due to a broken nose.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Palace away on Boxing Day around1984/85. Two coaches from H.Heath/Burgess Hill. 100 of us sitting at the front of the main stand with Palace in terrace below. The old bill were continually nicking people in the front row and people from behind kept replacing them. By half time only about 60/70 of us left! After the game some Palace bloke got stabbed and they kept the coaches back for searching. Funniest thing was my first day back at College this Palace fan turns up with a huge shiner. Right mouthy git who thought he was one of their lads. Turns out that they saw him talking to some of us and thought he was Brighton. Not sure he ever went again after that!
the tickets bought by a Palace fan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here