[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Decent first half. West Ham doing West Ham effectively, very hard to break down. Think we know if we go 1-0 down they'll be even worse to play against, so we're committing less than we normally do.

Jesus Christ though, can you imagine watching them every week? Even their own fans sound bored with the backward passing. Whatever the result, let's be grateful that we don't have to watch them every week.

We're playing fine. Van Hecke been really good. Buonanotte looking bright. Joao Pedro looking our biggest threat, again.

Amazing ball by Milner for Gross - wrong player in that position though, others would have had that in the net inc. Welbeck. Best chance of the game. Welbeck not having his best game, but so hard to play against this overloaded West Ham defence.

Aside from that, WHU have had the better chances, especially if they didn't keep getting caught offside.

0-0 is a fair result so far IMO.

Think we need to be a little bit quicker to break this lot down, if we can at all. It's a hard fixture. They're playing to their strengths and keeping us out, and could nick one on the counter. We'll need to play really well in the 2nd half to win this.

Bring on the 2nd half.

Would you take a point here? Think I would. West Ham's playstyle does well vs us
It’s like the would you take 7th thread in minimum

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Lots could change with that tactical plan in the second half, the old Mike Tyson aphorism

Bite their ears off? Or am I thinking too much like an American.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
boring but in the main controlled half from the Albion.
Seriously missing creativity tonight and not sure what we are expecting to get out of Milner on the left wing, would be nice to go down the right occasionally, which we started to near the end of the first half.

Gilmour good night and Gross although have had ok individual half’s seem to be lacking any joint up thinking to get through west ham

One of those annoying games where I can’t see us getting anything unless we make some changes. Ferguson on for Milner at 55 with Welbz on the left

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm guessing Perv has been told to stay back as we're wary of the counter. Would be good to see him attacking a bit more though seeing as we're totally lacking width. Welbeck not involved so we my see Ferg soon, I reckon.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Everyone seems to be playing in midfield. Totally packed and no out ball apart from the player 2 yards next to them.

Difference between today and Tottenham was that we were more direct.

Need to be quicker if we want to score goals and be less pedestrian.
Difference was Tottenham played like lunatics, good ole Ange 🤣

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I know it’s difficult against these negative teams but we do seem to settle into playing at their pace sometimes. Maybe that’s why RDZ was unhappy - good half but a bit more zip and purpose might make all the difference.

Shame Sky have barely mentioned that it’s so difficult for West Ham without Kudus & Paqueta. Once every 5 minutes is nowhere enough. So lucky for us that we haven’t got any important players missing.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Difference between today and Tottenham was that we were more direct.

Need to be quicker if we want to score goals and be less pedestrian.
Spurs played totally differently - almost the opposite in fact - to WH! If we employed the same tactics we'd be caught on the counter time and time again like last game v them

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Looks like we're trying not to get caught on the counter attack, whilst they're simply packing their defence. I think the game will open up later, its a game of patience at the moment.

Can't see West Ham relenting their strategy. They will take it all the way to 0-0 if they have to.

It's f***ing boring to watch and they're ruining the game... but they are looking to get us on the break or from a set piece, as it's all they're capable of to get a result here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports