Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It's strange how we struggle against a team that plays a flat back 10:shrug:
Sometimes, I just want them to have a shot from 40 yards, just for the sake of having a shot. then other times, when reason overcomes the alcohol, I'm quite enthralled by our close, one touch tippy tappy stuff

Excellent :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Before our equaliser, on TV you could see huge swathes of empty seats on the lower tier of WH stands.

It’s not just an Amex phenomena!

Nah, that can't be right. Some away days expert on Twatter said that no-one EVER leaves games early anywhere other than the Amex. And that, despite not scoring for 80 minutes its THEIR FAULT that the strikers don't stick the ball in the net :dunce:

And it's ALWAYS the East stand that is 'literally empty' at 80 minutes :facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nah, that can't be right. Some away days expert on Twatter said that no-one EVER leaves games early anywhere other than the Amex. And that, despite not scoring for 80 minutes its THEIR FAULT that the strikers don't stick the ball in the net :dunce:

And it's ALWAYS the East stand that is 'literally empty' at 80 minutes :facepalm:

Wet Spammers have simply copied the East Stand Lower routine of winning the race to the trains/buses.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have been called a needy bugger a few times on here so you’ll get why I have the impression on the build up before every televised game that the opposition are generally massive and should win. Meanwhile we get a patronising pat on the head metaphorically with some platitudes about possession and lack of cutting edge. Seldom are our defensive strengths and resilience mentioned

Probably just me though :shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

I have been called a needy bugger a few times on here so you’ll get why I have the impression on the build up before every televised game that the opposition are generally massive and should win. Meanwhile we get a patronising pat on the head metaphorically with some platitudes about possession and lack of cutting edge. Seldom are our defensive strengths and resilience mentioned

Probably just me though
:shrug:

I agree, we are up there with the best of them in those areas, which are great attributes to have for a club that is building premiership stability.

There are too many boom-bust merchants on here, who want instant success and 30 goal strikers.

Potters is the man IMO, although he is probably the only man with a beard that I trust in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree, we are up there with the best of them in those areas, which are great attributes to have for a club that is building premiership stability.

There are too many boom-bust merchants on here, who want instant success and 30 goal strikers.

Potters is the man IMO, although he is probably the only man with a beard that I trust in.

Wow, as hyperbole goes "30 goal strikers" is right up there with some of the best ever.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It got your attention.:lol:

By virtue of you reducing your point down to such a laughing stock nobody could possibly take you seriously.

So well done for that.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I've got a West Ham fan in my team at work who was also at the game, and he's been very complimentary this morning - loved our "easy on the eye" way of playing, especially 2nd half when we had a bit more urgency, and the way the team never stopped. It's interesting seeing people say Brighton were out-muscled (which we were at times), but then him saying the problem West Ham had is they relied on muscle to nick the ball and try and hit on the break and didn't seem to offer much else, but Brighton are too skilful and slick a side to bully for 90 minutes and hope that's enough to get a result. Most worryingly he's now sounding like a convert to the Church of Potter - he noticed the stuff you don't see on TV like how Potter gets his players' attention and applauds them and shouts something to them even when something goes wrong - he reckoned every time the ball went out of play Potter was congratulating a player or two even if it was their error and a West Ham throw or corner, how he is visibly directing the game at times, how he'll call to a player - like Lamptey when he wasn't getting much of a touch when he first came on - and give him encouragement and advice...very different from a lot of other managers with how much he communicates positivity and how the players respond.

Great to hear that, thanks.👍

D

Deleted member 2719

By virtue of you reducing your point down to such a laughing stock nobody could possibly take you seriously.

So well done for that.

Some will take things literally and others will get the gist of my point.

How many years have you been on here???

Lighten up old chap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here