West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
First time I've left game early and by that I mean after 15mins. Poyet is really testing my patience with his selections.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yet we won 14 games since then, including one against them in the return match. Surely if we've been found out, that wouldn't happen?

They didn't cancel out the tippy tappy , once our successful passing rate goes over a certain % we maintain possession and dominate the game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First time I've left game early and by that I mean after 15mins. Poyet is really testing my patience with his selections.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Don't blame you. To see the same 3 (Painter, Calderon & Dicker) in the team, that have been ripped apart in other games, against PL players, was a hiding to nothing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They didn't cancel out the tippy tappy , once our successful passing rate goes over a certain % we maintain possession and dominate the game.

So... being found out means absolutely nothing if we play well enough?

Which is the same for any tactic used by any team. So, back to my original point "being found out" is a nonsense cliché.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So... being found out means absolutely nothing if we play well enough?

Which is the same for any tactic used by any team. So, back to my original point "being found out" is a nonsense cliché.

We were all over Palace for the first 20 minutes back in September then it all got f***ed up because we stuck to a game plan instead of going for the kill.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We were all over Palace for the first 20 minutes back in September then it all got f***ed up because we stuck to a game plan instead of going for the kill.

We lost concentration, our passes went astray, we backed off and gave them too much time and space on the ball. That was nothing to do with being found out and was about us not playing as well as we can after the first 20, and them playing what their fans at the time described as their best performance of the season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Best bit of the game was the half our after we went three-nil up and Brighton played loads of really nice football without ever threatening our goal. Really quite enjoyed it

English Championship: West Ham v Brighton 14/04/2012

The goals that counted.

We have defended far worse this season and not be punished for it. Furthermore, we knew that West Ham would just hoof it into the channels. I really didn't like the second goal. The Albion players were in the right positions but they did not deal with the cross.

At Championship standard, I would not expect the opponents to score three. Most likely they would only convert one.

In perspective, the Liverpool and Everton defending was worse in an FA Cup semi-final. Do you agree? We had a few chances. If we were as strong as West Ham we could have made a game of it.

West Ham did not know went right for them. To be fair to them, I did not know what went went wrong for them against Reading at home. I can understand what Gus meant by having a presence in the opposing penalty area. Someone like Carew has it?

PS: This thread started off terrible. Even the West Ham forum has the badges.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
My cousins boyfriend is a West Ham STH, and that is the first time he has ever seen them score 6 at home... sums it up really.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It does make me chuckle that so many were delighted when Bring Back Bryan Wade started this thread instead of Perseus. BBBW started the Liverpool 5th round thread if I remember rightly.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So who will be the first to start the ***Brighton & Hove Albion v Watford*** Official thread tonight then? The race is on...
I think you should do it Brok.......no pressure :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports