Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Ticket Details announced

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Just been told by the T.O. not to bother with any "New AMS" applications as they won't be successful... SOLD OUT will soon be the message...

Looks like my Mum won't be getting to see her second Albion game... :nono:

edit: also confirmed that just over 5K is the maximum allocation - talk of 7K is wrong and won't happen

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Titanic said:
West Ham tickets (if any are left after their season ticket holders and Club Members have had their early purchase option) will go on general sale from 9.00am Friday 15th December.

http://www.whufc.com/tickets/?page_id=7402#Brighton1168095600

(it does say here that BHA have been allocated the Centenary Stand Upper and Lower - but surely that would be more than 5000 ??)
thanks for that Titanic... any views on how likely they are to reach general sale? I would have thought "not very" seeing as the Hamsters sell out league games and these tickets are much reduced for the FA Cup in which they have a proud tradition...

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
The STH should always get prority however i am a little dissapointed that the magic stub was from the Millwall away game. The club would have been better off giving 50% to STH, 50% to those who have been to the maximum number of cup games and any remaing tickets to those who are next on a scale. That way if it were inpractical for a fan to get to one game, it would affect the less - for example a child of 10 or 11 cannot be expected to go to Millwall away on a school night.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This thread shows what a pathetic bunch of self interested tossers many of our fans are.

See you at Oldham Saturday week of course.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Dougal said:
so 2500 set aside for st holders , all treated as wed applications , means that prob 3.5k st holders appying , some will miss out

no ?

If it's true that it's already sold out, then some of the 4,000 STH who were at the game last night are going to miss out.

THAT IS SHOCKING!!

WE only have about 4000 STH - all should get tickets - without their up-front payments the club would be in serious shit.

IF I was a STH who didn't get a ticket for this game I would be telling the club in March or whenever the renewals come out where to go.

Sorry, but AMS should only have gone on Sale AFTER all STH were fulfilled.

How can an AM who perhaps last watched the game at Cardiff be treated the same as a STH? That STINKS.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
El Presidente said:
This thread shows what a pathetic bunch of self interested tossers many of our fans are.

See you at Oldham Saturday week of course.

:clap:

Moan, moan, moan

BHA fans are the best in the country at it :nono:

If you get your request in early (ie now) you'll have no problem getting a ticket

Just imagine if we had a 'Hereford' type situation....doesn't bare thinking about, the uproar that would descend on NSC re: ticketing situation

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think sth should have first priority as without their money during the close season the club would be in big shit...
mind you they will probably start asking for renewals in january just to rub it in for any sth who miss out to the once a year merchants who forego supporting manure chelski and the like:eek: :eek:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
WE only have about 4000 STH - all should get tickets - without their up-front payments the club would be in serious shit.

IF I was a STH who didn't get a ticket for this game I would be telling the club in March or whenever the renewals come out where to go.

I think I would frankly, but it's a big 'IF' - we'll all get in I'm sure of that.

Any one want to buy my Cheltenham ticket? I need the money towards my West Ham ticket.

Moshe Gariani said:
Just been told by the T.O. not to bother with any "New AMS" applications as they won't be successful... SOLD OUT will soon be the message...

Looks like my Mum won't be getting to see her second Albion game... :nono:

edit: also confirmed that just over 5K is the maximum allocation - talk of 7K is wrong and won't happen

That's unfortunate, but there's a fair chance that the Hammers won't sell out their 30,000 straight away, so that's another avenue if you are quick enough.

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
If it's true that it's already sold out, then some of the 4,000 STH who were at the game last night are going to miss out.

THAT IS SHOCKING!!

Sorry, but AMS should only have gone on Sale AFTER all STH were fulfilled.

How can an AM who perhaps last watched the game at Cardiff be treated the same as a STH? That STINKS.
We had the same thing for the Spurs cup game.
Martin Perry obviously identifies with the fair weather fans.
This after the shocking attendance for the Northwich cup tie. and the lie about stubs for the first two cup games giving priority.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
mona said:
We had the same thing for the Spurs cup game.
Martin Perry obviously identifies with the fair weather fans.
This after the shocking attendance for the Northwich cup tie. and the lie about stubs for the first two cup games giving priority.

We also had the same thing for Southampton.

I know you can't keep everyone happy but STH MUST COME FIRST !!!!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I told the bloke at work that the chances of him getting a ticket are very slim, and that he could spend the same amount on seeing us at home (probabily even less if you account for travel) the excuesses he made where quite funny why he couldn't make it!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Anyway my idea for the future, you need a season or two for it to come together. I'd give first choice to all season ticket holders with a clear cut off.

For everyone else, you need a points system accumulated against each purchased home and away games (cup and league). I'd actually make the points weighted slightly for purchased HOME games, to encourage people through the door.

You put a bit of the onus on the supporter to keep their points up, by for instance always buying away tickets through the club.

Obvious problem would be them having to actually check every every single application, to put them into priority. But they don't need to do this very often.

To speed this process up, they could create an official application form in the programme where applicants have to clearly state their "member number".

Possibly pre-barcoded for season ticket holders and distributed at the start of the season. I'd actually have a downloadable application form for all postal applications anyway.

A system should not exist where a person could have only gone to a few away and get as good a chance than a season ticket holder or those supporters who regularly travel away.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Barcoding costs money so will not happen as investment.

No investment till Falmer sign-off.

However all good valid points.

And..........Mrs Hut enjoyed the game so thanks for ticket and see you Saturday.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Barcoding costs money so will not happen as investment.

It may in your business but it certainly doesn't in mine :D To produce a barcode on a word document is free. Anyway - the barcode issue is irrelavant.

They need a scoring system, which would be useful for marketing purposes anyway.

Perhaps a loyalty card system of some kind, that could also be linked to purchases in the club shop. Essentially forget the "away members" thing for priority and just bring in a membership scheme that is there for prioritising tickets.

If you spend £25 in the shop, that's the same as buying a home ticket for instance.

You buy a season ticket, you get a bag of points - but you also get points for buying an away ticket through the club.

Beach Hut is right in pointing out the infrastructure costs, but all the loyalty card is a bit of plastic with a number on it.

You just quote this number when purchasing a ticket or take it into the shop when buying a shirt.

Cross promotionally I guess it gets interesting too, if other local companies were able to award the odd small amount of points too if you bought their goods and services ? Basically they pay a premium in advertising at the Withdean to be able to offer the odd point.

You could also offer points as "prices" as part of the Withdean wager :lolol:

( I'd draw the line at the food vans though )

Imagine - everyone worrying about whether they have enough points from previous games, then bombing it down the club shop to buy a shirt.

These big games don't come round very often I know. But if nothing else we can forget post counts, and post our personal rewards point count.

Now that'll separate the ubers from the fair weathers...:lolol:

Last edited:

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
mona said:

I'm keeping mine in case we get a replay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here