Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

west ham route

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
After the game getting a train from Forest Gate (change at Stratford for Jubilee Line to London Bridge) as can't be arsed with the massive wait for an underground train at Upton Park. May have a browse around the Westfield shopping centre whilst at Stratford.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Mornington Crescent? :shrug:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The District line seems to take forever between stops. My route would be London Bridge to Bank (Northern line) - or walk; not too far, then Bank to Mile End (Central line) and finally Mile End to Upton Park (District line) but there are so many different options. Jubilee line sounds good if it's a normal service.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
easy for me as i live in slough! slough to paddington, paddington 18 stops to upton park.
anyone know what pub they're going to? need to know as last time when we lost 3-0 and the time before with guy butters 1-0 winner i got left on my own and i stupidly wore a brighton shirt and lets just say in the words of danny dyer...it got pwoper norty!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
After the game getting a train from Forest Gate (change at Stratford for Jubilee Line to London Bridge) as can't be arsed with the massive wait for an underground train at Upton Park. May have a browse around the Westfield shopping centre whilst at Stratford.

Thats not a bad call going to Forest Gate. All those who complain about Falmer Station post match will have a reality check if they try to return to Central London from Upton Park station.

How far is Forest Gate from Upton Park?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Surprised no one has mentioned going in to Blackfriars and tubing it from there now the underground station is open

Surprised no one has mentioned the fact that if people need help navigating a few miles across London then they really shouldn't be going out unaccompanied.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Train to East Croydon;
Tram to West Croydon;
Overground to Shadwell;
Docklands Light Railway to Canning Town;
Underground to Stratford;
Bus 104 to West Ham United FC.

The complete set of London transport experiences ... or it would be if the DLR wasn't closed for engineering works. Don't these people KNOW there's football on?

Best I look for a river bus.

:(

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Train to East Croydon;
Tram to West Croydon;
Overground to Shadwell;
Docklands Light Railway to Canning Town;
Underground to Stratford;
Bus 104 to West Ham United FC.

The complete set of London transport experiences ... or it would be if the DLR wasn't closed for engineering works. Don't these people KNOW there's football on?

Best I look for a river bus.

:(

Darn it. There was I all geared up to follow the Lord B adventure trail when I spotted on TFL that DLR was out for the day. Surely it cannot be I thought as that is when the Lord B will be travelling. Alas, TFL does not respect the Lord B. Ah well, it's London Bridge, stop off for Borough Market and the only pub n London and then ???. Who knows.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes it is - No service between Earls Court and Aldgate East, no Circle line either.

Route from Victoria could be Victoria line to Oxford Circus, then Central line to Mile End and District line from there to Upton Park.
[/url]

.. which is probably quicker than the district.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Thats not a bad call going to Forest Gate. All those who complain about Falmer Station post match will have a reality check if they try to return to Central London from Upton Park station.

How far is Forest Gate from Upton Park?

Beach Hut beat me to it, but 25 minutes. Or there are buses from the road outside the stadium, the 330 or 58, not sure how easy it is to get them on a match day with the crowds mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here