West ham on tele?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Beach Hut said:
No you miss the point - priority to BHAFC is those that renew and keep the club financially afloat.

There would be no club if we did not do this - read the other threads or details.

The club would go bust if everyone did not renew season tickets

Yes. But that's irrelevant in this situation. They set up a new ticket policy after the Tottenham farce which nobody complained about at the time. It's FAIR in that it gives everyone a chance - but obviously some are going to miss out.

But you keep banging on about how you're not going to renew because of this policy.

Well, that is the policy. The club have tried their best. So don't renew, and don't keep telling NSC about it.

OR renew your season ticket, (which i suspect you will anyway, as the clubs existance, as you point out, is more of a priority than one away match) deal with January 6th in whatever way you feel neccessary, and stop complaining about it. Please:)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Withdean Wanderer said:
Yes. But that's irrelevant in this situation. They set up a new ticket policy after the Tottenham farce which nobody complained about at the time. It's FAIR in that it gives everyone a chance - but obviously some are going to miss out.

But you keep banging on about how you're not going to renew because of this policy.

Well, that is the policy. The club have tried their best. So don't renew, and don't keep telling NSC about it.

OR renew your season ticket, (which i suspect you will anyway, as the clubs existance, as you point out, is more of a priority than one away match) deal with January 6th in whatever way you feel neccessary, and stop complaining about it. Please:)

Bollox I have only said on one thread I might consider not renewing so get your facts right.

And no I will not shut up about this - it is very annoying and until something fairer happens I will have my say.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:

Sorry to be pendantic but this isn't the system set up after Spurs it's been changed again.

As for Mr. Hut, he actually buys season tickets for the family (apart from his own) and goes to a fair few away.

Of course he someone will miss out, but it seems some others got tickets after applying AFTER he did.

.. he's got a point.

I'm getting bored of people having a pop at those who are quite rightly gutted.

Last edited:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Didn't the owners of the Corels stadium in Hove want to to this a few years back. They have loads of screens and capacity, and probably the technical set-up to do it. I guess it would cost a bit though?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Superseagull said:
Didn't the owners of the Corels stadium in Hove want to to this a few years back. They have loads of screens and capacity, and probably the technical set-up to do it. I guess it would cost a bit though?

I expect they did but I am sure the club thought up enough excuses not to do it.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Superseagull said:

I watched the Home leg of the play-offs in the Greyhound stadium.

And I think they showed the final there aswell.

But thinking about it, both games were on sky so that would have made it easier i suppose.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Zamora For England said:
We implement a simular scheme when we get small allocations (depite yours being HUGE) and distribute the game back to Upton Park on the big screen. An obvious fault though, is perhaps that the Withdean does not have a mega-TV.

we,ve got a wireless i do believe

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i think there was a cock up with the bins at the game
i dropped in our applications to the shop in person on weds and got 4 tickets ams only

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
Zamora For England said:
We implement a simular scheme when we get small allocations (depite yours being HUGE) and distribute the game back to Upton Park on the big screen. An obvious fault though, is perhaps that the Withdean does not have a mega-TV.

Withdean has a mega hammer throwing net .... perhaps we should use that for the replay?

:lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
clapham_gull said:
Sorry to be pendantic but this isn't the system set up after Spurs it's been changed again.

As for Mr. Hut, he actually buys season tickets for the family (apart from his own) and goes to a fair few away.

Of course he someone will miss out, but it seems some others got tickets after applying AFTER he did.

.. he's got a point.

I'm getting bored of people having a pop at those who are quite rightly gutted.

I'm not having a pop - I just think that people should accept the system for what it is, as nobody was complaining until they couldn't get a ticket!

Yes - the system has been changed slightly in that ticket stubs have been bought in to play as well. However i doubt many were non season ticket holders who went to Millwall so i'm not convinced this will have had much effect.

However, if other people have got tickets after applying AFTER he did, then something does seem to be wrong, i didn't realise that was the case. What it is that's gone wrong i don't know, but posting on every ticket thread about it won't help. Contacting the club MIGHT help (but might not, if not handled in the correct manner), and looking for other ways of seeing the game is probably an idea, on the 'better than nothing' approach surely? Then complete dissapointment at least isn't an issue, even if there is a partial element of discontent remaining in the Beach Hut household.

Anyhow, what do i know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports