Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham Fans Forum

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
But I expect the club and Bozza would prefer a co operative and harmonious relationship without the need for threats of litigation
Whilst I agree with the greater point I'm curious what litigation the club would be able to threaten Bozza with if someone posts a link to a site that is itself linking to a stream hosted elsewhere? I should probably drop it now as we'd never really want to find out I guess!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Whilst I agree with the greater point I'm curious what litigation the club would be able to threaten Bozza with if someone posts a link to a site that is itself linking to a stream hosted elsewhere? I should probably drop it now as we'd never really want to find out I guess!
@Bozza has multiple times discouraged users from posting links to illegal streams as it causes him bother - it also causes the users who use them bother given the likely malware, risk of hacks and the fact that that its against the law. . As for tips and how to buy sticks etc let alone VPNs and how to access Peacock and the like then fine. All various shades of grey in terms of the law and fine - take your own risks and all that - but how to threads, PM for tips on how to buy and the like on NSC are surely unwise at best. cc @amexer @dwayne etc

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Have you seen the - some might consider them draconian - punishments that Spurs threaten season ticket holders with if they don't share tickets using their official sharing platform, or without permission or to non Spurs etc ? https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/fans/membership/membership-terms/
Does any football club in the country allow the resale of AWAY tickets?
Since I'm sure you're still really keen to get an answer to this question Wozza, clause 7.11 of the Spur's Membership Terms linked to above relates to resale/reallocation of away tickets.
Briefly, if the original purchaser tells them they can't go the club will resell it themselves to somebody on the waiting list, and give a refund.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Since I'm sure you're still really keen to get an answer to this question Wozza, clause 7.11 of the Spur's Membership Terms linked to above relates to resale/reallocation of away tickets.
Briefly, if the original purchaser tells them they can't go the club will resell it themselves to somebody on the waiting list, and give a refund.
Decent. Fair to say that this is unusual though?

Obviously a similar scheme at Brighton would be welcome.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Decent. Fair to say that this is unusual though?

Obviously a similar scheme at Brighton would be welcome.
Man U have a returns policy as well:

"If any tickets are returned to the club to be sold, they will go on sale online here. Tickets released in this way after the ballot can be purchased by supporters who were unsuccessful in the original ballot only.

We do not operate a waiting list for returned tickets, and they cannot be sold over the phone or in the Ticket Office. We are unable to advise in advance if/when tickets may be available as this can vary game by game."

I'd guess there's only a few clubs who find it worthwhile, as they invariably sell out their away allocations. The overwhelming majority of clubs don't so there's no particular market for resales.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It’s quite normal in football to pass on or sell YOUR ticket to someone if you can’t go. The Albion unfortunately, have brainwashed many with the nonsense they put out that people swallow. And not often I criticise the club but their ticketing policies are woeful and quite simply untrue in many circumstances - ‘other clubs build in the fee for season ticket sharing in their prices’ is a particular laughable one…!
This.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Does that actually work? Such an easy way to get round the TV rights issues that it seems too good to be true. Unlike all the illegal streams doing the rounds, VPNs are legal and Peacock is allowed to show the matches, so hard to see what the case against it would be.
Yeah it does work.
Is there a subscription to pay to Peacock or is it just the cost of the VPN? It does seem too easy but as I’m looking to ditch my BT Sport subscription I’m tempted.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Instead of club saying sharing scheme came in because members were denied opportunity to buy tickets or need to know who is attending I would prefer they came to the point and just came out and said we are raising extra income.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is there a subscription to pay to Peacock or is it just the cost of the VPN? It does seem too easy but as I’m looking to ditch my BT Sport subscription I’m tempted.
Subscription via credit card linked to the USA.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Love Peacock for football viewing. NBC couldn't have made it any easier or better.

Agree it’s A1 and excellent HD quality

The only issue I’ve had in the 3 years is the rare occasion when they update the app in the App Store, which means moving to my American residence briefly (often at 14:50 on a Saturday when I find out - now check hours before KO to avoid the scramble)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
My Premium Peacock subscription comes with my Xfinity/Comcast CableTV Provider contract for free. Although my Xfinity cable TV bill continually climbs higher and higher.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Man U have a returns policy as well:

"If any tickets are returned to the club to be sold, they will go on sale online here. Tickets released in this way after the ballot can be purchased by supporters who were unsuccessful in the original ballot only.

We do not operate a waiting list for returned tickets, and they cannot be sold over the phone or in the Ticket Office. We are unable to advise in advance if/when tickets may be available as this can vary game by game."

I'd guess there's only a few clubs who find it worthwhile, as they invariably sell out their away allocations. The overwhelming majority of clubs don't so there's no particular market for resales.

I can't be arsed be read, so don't expect you to, but does it actually say Man Utd fans can sell back away tickets?

This refers to 'returns' which could simply be unclaimed/unpaid for tickets.

(United STHers have to commit to buying/not buying cup tickets at the beginning of the season. Very messy.)

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I can't be arsed be read, so don't expect you to, but does it actually say Man Utd fans can sell back away tickets?

This refers to 'returns' which could simply be unclaimed/unpaid for tickets.

(United STHers have to commit to buying/not buying cup tickets at the beginning of the season. Very messy.)
I don't see anything to suggest that it doesn't include tickets that have been bought and simply returned by the original purchaser. The page I'm reading refers to "Domestic Away Games" in general, not cup games specifically.

Hold onto your hat, because your head might explode when I tell you that they let people forward their away tickets to other eligible season ticket holders:

"tickets can be forwarded online to other eligible Season Ticket holders only, until the working day before the game.

Once a ticket has been forwarded, it is the responsibility of the ticket holder to pass the physical ticket on to the match attendee, and under no circumstances can forwarded tickets be duplicated.
"

I also noted that they've apparently reintroduced limited ID checks at away games due to an increase in the number of non-qualifying people getting in.

Anyway, that's enough of other teams terms and conditions for one day :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
@Bozza has multiple times discouraged users from posting links to illegal streams as it causes him bother - it also causes the users who use them bother given the likely malware, risk of hacks and the fact that that its against the law. . As for tips and how to buy sticks etc let alone VPNs and how to access Peacock and the like then fine. All various shades of grey in terms of the law and fine - take your own risks and all that - but how to threads, PM for tips on how to buy and the like on NSC are surely unwise at best. cc @amexer @dwayne etc
I think it's safe to say we are in slightly different territory than that West Ham site in that NSC - and by inference site owner @Bozza personally - is being closely monitored by Paul Barber OBE and "I am but an 'umble fan" @chaileyjem OBN

Utmost respect to @Bozza and his little helpers for having to deal with those people - and us! - 24/7. Thankless task, to be sure

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Some 10-12 years ago there was a new law (EU based I think) of some sort that made all footy site owners a bit nervous about people posting links to streams etc.
As it remains unheard of that the broadcasters or the police went to war with some forum owner over streaming links, a lot of sites loosened up with time. There's an international hunt for people who actually host these streaming sites (30+, including Hesgoal, were shut down during the World Cup) but as for someone posting links to these streams - no one is going to bother, similar to how no one is going to bother if you post some generic football picture here despite the copyright laws saying you can't.

That said, if you start a section or high profile thread about it... its a bit "in your face" and if the broadcasters/police decide to turn a bit fascist about it, it wouldnt be great.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Some 10-12 years ago there was a new law (EU based I think) of some sort that made all footy site owners a bit nervous about people posting links to streams etc.
As it remains unheard of that the broadcasters or the police went to war with some forum owner over streaming links, a lot of sites loosened up with time. There's an international hunt for people who actually host these streaming sites (30+, including Hesgoal, were shut down during the World Cup) but as for someone posting links to these streams - no one is going to bother, similar to how no one is going to bother if you post some generic football picture here despite the copyright laws saying you can't.

That said, if you start a section or high profile thread about it... its a bit "in your face" and if the broadcasters/police decide to turn a bit fascist about it, it wouldnt be great.
Thanks. So why would an honest and decent Chat Room host want to attract/invite such attention (for little or no gain)?

Just because you “probably won’t get caught“ isn’t a very good legal defence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here