Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Murray even at his age would have scored plenty this season no doubt. Our forwards are an utter shower of sh*t. We haven't addressed it when its been obvious and GM helped cover it up but now its clear for everyone to see. 65 chances in 3 games 1 goal 2 missed pens and 1 point...should be a health warning watching us this season. Won't be covid that gets me it'll be the stress of watching us.

I was watching some highlights of ex strikers to try and work out what is going on. Current chaps just don't have the nous or technical ability of Murray. The way he uses his body, the way he let's the ball do the work. He's efficiency of movement. When you look at his finishes and then the raw (approaching agricultural) style of Mapuay you realise we are MILES off with our current lot.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You think the Mac off at half time for Lallana made sense? You think changing formation to 442 for the first time in ages worked? Our first half tactics effective? Picking Connoly a good idea? Continuing with Maupay?

I swear Potter would need to curl out a turd on the half way line for some people to admit something bad on the pitch was his fault.q

Two penalties and two sitters created so yes it worked.

D

Deleted member 2719

You think the Mac off at half time for Lallana made sense? You think changing formation to 442 for the first time in ages worked? Our first half tactics effective? Picking Connoly a good idea? Continuing with Maupay?

I swear Potter would need to curl out a turd on the half way line for some people to admit something bad on the pitch was his fault.q

I don't know the stats Dan, but I am pretty sure we had more shots and created more second half. Supporting the switches that he made.

So does Potter affect the flight of the ball, so that it goes to the keeper or misses by 5 yds over the top?

If he does he is the 'Special one'.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing

Bet Potter would miss the halfway line if he tried that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Well you might be ok with it but if it was me I would be ****ing livid. We all should be, we no where NEAR deserve to go down and we should use anger for the rest of the season and all of the next it we go down. We need to ****ing destroy some teams. But people on here are more concerned with in-fighting and moaning than actually doing things about it.

I don’t understand your logic to be honest . We derserve to be 16th and if we go down we will deserve it

Only stat that matters and will be in history books

West Brom 1 Brighton 0

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I was watching some highlights of ex strikers to try and work out what is going on. Current chaps just don't have the nous or technical ability of Murray. The way he uses his body, the way he let's the ball do the work. He's efficiency of movement. When you look at his finishes and then the raw (approaching agricultural) style of Mapuay you realise we are MILES off with our current lot.

Not sure why we let him go when even as a sub he would have scored more than the current clowns. Connolly miss today and against Spurs must be 2 from a combined total of 6 yards :mad:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Why the blazes he won't give Tau at least part of a game I can't understand. Given the current sheer incompetence we display in front of goal....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The bottom line is we cannot afford a striker due to the pandemic as we lose £1m+ per home game.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
So depressing. 65 attempts in 3 games and 1 goal. Not sure the manager can be blamed for that. All the attacking players have had game time, minus Tau perhaps, they've proved they're not good enough to convert a reasonable ratio at this level. Gutted after the last 2 results, and we're right in the mix. Still feel we've enough to stay up, but it's going to be nailbiting

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Why the blazes he won't give Tau at least part of a game I can't understand. Given the current sheer incompetence we display in front of goal....

Have to admit I am surprised Percy didn’t get a run out in the last 2 games.

Can only assume he hasn’t performed in training.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

At a wild guess the coaching team are judging him on 20-30 hours of training a week and don’t think he’s any better than what we’re going with (plus he’s been pretty poor when he’s played so far).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here